Any way to make 411s read dvd's faster

I have 411s that is reading commercial dvd’s at about 2.7x. I know this is normal. Is there any type of utility out there that will help speed up reading/ripping. I am already running with dma enambled, and 80 wire IDE cables. I did not see anyting on the liteon site to allow this.

Thanks,
flanman:confused:

Reads at 2,7X ???

I dont think so. Check with K-Probe or Nero CD-Speed and you will be able to determen the “real” speed.

Originally posted by flanman
[B]I have 411s that is reading commercial dvd’s at about 2.7x. I know this is normal. Is there any type of utility out there that will help speed up reading/ripping. I am already running with dma enambled, and 80 wire IDE cables. I did not see anyting on the liteon site to allow this.

Thanks,
flanman:confused: [/B]

Single or dual layer? The only test I’ve done was to rip a single layer disc (Lair of the White Worm). It took about 6 minutes, I think it worked out to around 9X. My 163D was a little under a minute faster ripping the same disc.

Must have been the DVD. I tried two others and now reading at close to 11x. Very nice.

It will read all dual-layer discs, and recordable discs, at 8x max. Which means it’ll start out around 2.7x and end at 8x or slightly higher.