Any way to edit Chapter points?

Hi !

I have a fully authored DVD, with a very nice chapter menu that I would like to keep. But, the chapter points were done wrong, and do not end up at the right points.

I know that I could simply take the main video and re-author it from scratch with a new menu and chapter points, but I would like to keep the nice chapter menu and only change the points in the video where the chapters go.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks !

(Actually, I have a couple of DVDs with this problem, from downloading DVDs made by fans from unreleased materials.)

The freeware program PGCEDIT allows you to add/remove/move chapter points. It only modifies the IFOs and so does not need reathuoring.

I think you can only align to cell boundaries, but if you chapters points are “well behaved”, I would assume they are at cell boundaries?

To assist, here is a summary of the steps involved. It’s quite easy once you get the hang of it.

You need to get PGCEDIT from web

When you load PGCEDIT, you have to

1. open your dvd (navigate to folder containing DVD files). (file open or click icon)

2. In Left hand window, double click on line that looks like something like

VTST 1,1 TTN1 (41:12)

(This is is first title - you may have more and you would process each separately)

This bring up pgc editor menu

1. On main edit menu you will see columns that will look something like as follows (In this example I show a dvd with 11 cells with a chapter for every cell)

Chap Prog Cell
(PTT)
1 1 1
2 2 2
3 3 3
4 4 4
5 5 5
6 6 6
7 7 7
8 8 8
9 9 9
10 10 10
11 11 11

You then click on all buttons in prog column to blank the chapters out as follows
(You will get message re. edit chapter menu - click ok and ignore for time being).

Chap Prog Cell
(PTT)
1 1 <— click on this, then
2 2 <-click on this etc. To last button
3 3
4 4
5 5
6 6
7 7
8 8
9 9
10 10
11 11

You cannot blank the last cell (cell 11 here). The display will looks as follows
(where I show blank you will see nothing)

Chap Prog Cell
(PTT)
blank blank 1
blank blank 2
blank blank 3
blank blank 4
blank blank 5
blank blank 6
blank blank 7
blank blank 8
blank blank 9
blank blank 10
1 1 11

(it isn’t actually necesary to blank all cells first as you can blank and assign chapters as you go. I show it this way as it is easier to follow

Now click on every (say) third cell (you may select 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc - space out to get a reasonable number of chapters.

You may get a pop up message re number of chapters Click ok.
Chap Prog Cell
(PTT)
blank blank <— click
blank blank
blank blank
blank blank <— click
blank blank
blank blank
blank blank <— click
blank blank
blank blank
blank blank <— click
1 1 <— leave clicked or not as you prefer

The display will now look like

1 1
blank blank
blank blank
2 2
blank blank
blank blank
3 3
blank blank
blank blank
4 5
5 5

1. click on button “Edit Chapter (PTT) Table”

2. This will show how many chapters you orginally have
    Click “Delete last chapter button” until you have the same number as you ended up within step 3 (must be identical). If you delete too many use add chapgter instead.

3. click ok and return to edit menu. Click Ok on edit menu to return to main menu

7 Save DVD (updates IFO files). (File save or click icon)