'Any Video Converter' vs LG KP500 Cookie

Downloaded ‘Any Video Converter’ which seems neat

It seems to have dozens preset profiles and i used “Apple Ipod Video Mp4” (very 1st one)

The video is excellent but it’s 320 x 240 and so doesn’t fill the LG KP500 Cookie screen (400 x 240)

Without me trying every signel profile

Has anyone used this “Any Video Convertor” for the LG Cookie - if so, whats best profile to use?

You can edit profiles_v2.xml and add 400x240 as an option. Here are the steps.

First, start --> run --> %appdata% --> any video converter free/pro…

second, edit profiles_v2.xml by notepad or any other editor

[B]add <value>400x240</value> to the section if you would like the video size option appear in the profile of Apple iPod Nano/Classic MPEG-4 Movie.[/B]

<profile name=“ipod_nano” groups=“ipod” target_device=“Apple iPod Nano/Classic” file_ext=“mp4” desc=“Apple iPod Nano/Classic MPEG-4 Movie (*.mp4)” folder=“IPOD”>

<size name=“Video Size” desc=“Select video size” visible=“1”> <!-- readonly defaults to false -->
<value default=“1”>320x240</value>
[B]<value>400x240</value>[/B]
<value>480x270</value>
<value>480x320</value>
<value>640x480</value>
</size>

Third, Save the xml file and re-run the program. Select “Apple iPod Nano/Classic” as output profile, and you can choose “400x240” as video size ( the option is at the right bottom of the program.)

[QUOTE=Alv;2413669]You can edit profiles_v2.xml and add 400x240 as an option. Here are the steps.

[B]add <value>400x240</value> to the section if you would like the video size option appear in the profile of Apple iPod Nano/Classic MPEG-4 Movie.[/B]

<profile name=“ipod_nano” groups=“ipod” target_device=“Apple iPod Nano/Classic” file_ext=“mp4” desc=“Apple iPod Nano/Classic MPEG-4 Movie (*.mp4)” folder=“IPOD”>

<size name=“Video Size” desc=“Select video size” visible=“1”> <!-- readonly defaults to false -->
<value>480x270</value>
<value>480x320</value>
<value>640x480</value>
</size>

Third, Save the xml file and re-run the program. Select “Apple iPod Nano/Classic” as output profile, and you can choose “400x240” as video size ( the option is at the right bottom of the program.)[/QUOTE]

Thats excellent - I’ll give that a try- Cheers

[QUOTE=Alv;2413669]You can edit profiles_v2.xml and add 400x240 as an option. Here are the steps.

<value>480x270</value>
<value>480x320</value>
<value>640x480</value>
</size>

Third, Save the xml file and re-run the program. Select “Apple iPod Nano/Classic” as output profile, and you can choose “400x240” as video size ( the option is at the right bottom of the program.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate…really…i was saving money for an ipod touch…nw my cookie is enough fr me 2 c movies…tnx…

I joined this site for this one reason, to thank you Alv (I’d kiss you if i could, spent days trying to sort this out :)), although I couldn’t get Any Video Converter to work Stupid Windows 7 Grrrrr I did manage to follow your profile changing guide to change ‘‘Wondershare Media Converter’s’’ settings so that I can watch movie’s on my LG Cookie, so once again…

Thanks Buddy

Kindest Regards
Ricky

Some good advice there. :iagree:

Welcome to the forum guys and I hope you enjoy your stay here. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

i also installed any video converter, but there is no “ipod” profil at all.
when i open the profiles_v2.xml there comes the name ipod up… but its not shown in the program. do i have to activate the profil somehow? need some help here guys :wink:

//edit: u need the pro version, i see! tought it was all the way free… download said nothing about shareware. but thanx anyway :wink:

This is Brilliant… it worked for me… Thank you so much…