Any true LiteOn Drives currently available at NewEgg?

vbimport

Hi folks, I am trying to figure out if NewEgg is currently selling any true LiteOn drives. I am completely confused as to which drives are real LiteOn drives and which are rebadged. I am mainly looking for a drive which can do accurate quality scans. From what I have read the rebadged drives can’t do accurate scans.

Any help would be appreciated.

[QUOTE=RG;2521080]Hi folks, I am trying to figure out if NewEgg is currently selling any true LiteOn drives. I am completely confused as to which drives are real LiteOn drives and which are rebadged. I am mainly looking for a drive which can do accurate quality scans. From what I have read the rebadged drives can’t do accurate scans.

Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Newegg has the ASUS DRW-24B1LT. A discussion about it and a link to it can be found here. It is an iHAS424A drive, and can be crossflashed with COdeKing’s flash and eeprom utilities to an iHAS324, 424, or 524. From my experience, it should be a good choice for scanning, burning, or ripping :).

The only 2 LiteOn drives I see at newegg that might be true LiteOn drives are
these 2 drives here but there is no guarantee that you will get a real Liteon
with the MTK chip-set chances are they will just be the NEC chip-set clones. :confused:

iHAS224-06
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106333

iHAS124-04
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106289

As deanwitty said the ASUS DRW-24B1LT is definitely a Liteon MTK chip-set
cloned drive as I have 2 of them in my system cross flashed to the Liteon
iHAS424 and a iHAS524 and they are absolutely great drives. :iagree: :clap:

DeanWitty/getit29, thanks very much for the recommendations. I will try my luck with the ASUS DRW-24B1LT.

[QUOTE=RG;2522351]DeanWitty/getit29, thanks very much for the recommendations. I will try my luck with the ASUS DRW-24B1LT.[/QUOTE]

Excellent choice I don’t think you will be disappointed any if you want to cross flash it to a
iHAS424 or iHAS524 the patched firmware and tools and some guides are in the liteon forum.
It isn’t the least bit hard to cross flash it at all just read up on what to do first but just to be
forewarned first you will[B][U] VOID[/U][/B] the warranty on it by doing the cross flash so that might
just be something you might want to think about before doing it.

I do not personally even worry about the warranty myself as the price is cheap enough on them
now days to not even care if it does die I’ll just buy another one and just go and do it all over
again and again and again and again and … :bigsmile: :iagree:

Found the link I needed to follow.