Any success with 811 in firewire/usb2?

HEre we go:

there seem to be a lot of us users here who are having trouble burning at 6 or 8x with our 811s in a usb2 enclosure regardless of chipset. By trouble, I mean that u can select the speed, but then the burn proof chips in like crazy, resulting in a poor kprobe scan, and longer burn times than at 4x. This is just to request that anybody who has managed to burn at 6/8x on firewire or usb2 for that matter, to post if u’ve had success and what equipment was used. It’d be greatly appreciated:bow: .
also, could u please mention how long it took to make the burn as it helps give an idea of true speed. On behalf of many, thanks in advance

it is a problem for 811s to be in a usb2 enclosure… that’s why i put my drive on IDE… and too bad mine is nf2 chipset… have to use M$ IDE driver to make it work with my liteon cd burner on the same IDE cable…

Hello

I have my Lite-on 811 in a USB 2.0 enclosure that I got from SVP and it works fine at all speeds. 8x is no problem at all.

M

Originally posted by mobypsx
[B]Hello

I have my Lite-on 811 in a USB 2.0 enclosure that I got from SVP and it works fine at all speeds. 8x is no problem at all.

M [/B]

Seems like there are USB 2.0 enclosure out there that can reach higher speed. :smiley: Could you point out which enclosure it is? When you say burning at 8X, how long did it take to finish a disk? Have you see any blinking red/orange light during 8X burning? And did you try scanning the disk by Kprobe? Sorry for the millions of questions :confused:

sorry, but to add my two pence to the mix… what brand/chipset is the enclosure? what’s ur system like? desktop or laptop? what chipset is inside the machine? is it an add on card or a built in controller? thanks

Hello,

The usb 2 enclosure I have was purchased from www.121cdr.co.uk on the case it says Mobile Disk External Storage. I have tested it in 3 systems and all give nice clean burns. It takes approx 8 and a half mins per full disk and the only time the orange light comes on is when its switching speeds. My 3 systems are as Follows:

1. Home Made AMD XP 2400 with a Gigabyte Mobo using its built in USB2 sockets. 512mb of ram.

2. Laptop. HP Evo N6000 Intel Mobile 1.6 CPU and 1gb of ram

3. HP Desktop Evo 530 with 512mb of ram.

The drive works fine with Nero 6 and Recordnow 4.61

Hope this helps

M