Any Recommendations on My 812S -> 832S & ProdiscS03?

I just bought an 812s last night, and burned a disc. Terrible results, here’s the disc info:
Disc Type DVD-R
Book Type DVD-R
Manufacturer Prodisc Technology Inc.
Media ID ProdiscS03
Protection System None
Region 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Capacity 4.10 GB
Free Size 0.00 GB
Free Blocks 0
Number of Layers 1
Linear Density 0.267 um/bit
Track Density 0.74 um/track
Maximum Read Speed 7.7x
Maximum Write Speed 8.0x
Current Write Speed 8.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 1 8.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 2 6.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 3 4.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 4 2.0x CLV

I then flashed it to 832S, and applied the recommended tweaks for OmniPatcher. These are the results I get now:

Any suggestions on how I could improve even further on these results? Thanks!

Please, scan the disc at 4x speed and post the result.

Here is a scan I did with my Liteon 812S. Not sure how to read this though. Any help on it would be appreciated also.

Date : 10/6/2004 6:08:32 PM
Model : 1-0-0-0 D:LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-812S US0Q
Disc : DVD+R , OPTODISCOR8 [Opto Disc]
Speed : 4x
ECC blocks sum (PI/PIF) : 8/1
Scanned range : 0 - 2286118
Sampling count : 128773
Errors : 0
PI Max : 1054
PI Average : 179.20
PI Total : 3005666
PIF Max : 117
PIF Average : 7.60
PIF Total : 127402

Here’s the same disc scanned using 4x

Are you stoping the scan early, or the disc is not filled up? I noticed in a few of your scans the sampling count was >100,000 which is odd.

The scan in the middle isn’t mine, haha… I’m not stopping them early, but there should be a little space left over at the end.

I would try going to the official US0Q firmware and see what kind of burn you get. I have seen some reports of the firmware you are using not being kind to -R and I have experienced 832 firmware that was not as good as the 812.

Welcome to the world of lite-on and -R (hell), I tried a couple of different dvd-rs and none could get burned correctly with different firmwares.
Tried different brands and more than 1 burn?
If you’re lucky half of them might end up ok. I’d just switch to +r.

Welcome to the world of lite-on and -R (hell)

I really don’t understand this, I burn cheap -DVDRs daily for friends and get these results which play perfectly in other peoples DVD players and stand alone units. I agree that +R is better but?

Ritek is not a bad choice. you can’t get the same result on the really CHEAP one: Onid DVD-R. Brand SKY may be from them.

Most people buy an 8x burner to burn at 8x, we can all get good results at 2x…

Well, I am not going to argue with you and I accept your point. Some of us just have to buy what we can get hold of or what we can afford. Found a bunch of this cheap recently and it is -R - no-one mentioned that it had to be a certain speed…If you all get good results at 2X, well guess what?
I can’t find 8x media - so my best is this 4X media - still -R.
No need for sarcasm, my friend :cool: