Any reason why u keep deleting my threads

vbimport

any reason why u keep deleting my threads
2 threads up to now and both where deleted…
first one was just to say why don’t u have incryption incorporated on the fly it was deleted…
second one was answering a question to use shrink to re-encode
vob files that was deleted…
please explain then perhaps I will know…

thx tcc

The first question you asked has been answered MANY TIMES. Try the search function of the website.

Second, this is a DVD2ONE FORUM. Not a DVDShrink forum…

so what u are really saying is that under no cicumstancies you must not mention shrink coz this is a dvd3one forum and that must apply to IFOEDIT coz that is a dvd arthuring proggy and that is free as well…

Originally posted by Codewiz
[B]The first question you asked has been answered MANY TIMES. Try the search function of the website.

Second, this is a DVD2ONE FORUM. Not a DVDShrink forum… [/B]

Are you the moderator??? think not

Originally posted by t1955feb
[B]

Are you the moderator??? think not [/B]

why u take the piss all I ask is why my post was deleted.
if I ask a question it should be answerd properly not just deleted coz I said something like why don’t u have incryption incorporated on the fly like DVD X Copy XPress.
a straight answer like no chance would be more appreciated.
and anyway I think dvd2one ROCKS it beats all the others hands down.

Originally posted by tcc

…anyway I think dvd2one ROCKS it beats all the others hands down.

(Sighhh)…another one. Read this thread. Since you also made the boast, then you better have the proof to back it up. Don’t just talk the talk, walk the walk too. My emphasis are on titles that are more than 7GBs. So what is your list of “others”?

I agree that DVD2One rocks but IMHO, it rocks for movies under 6GBs and also for it’s speed.

Originally posted by 2COOL
[B]

… I agree that DVD2One rocks but IMHO, it rocks for movies under 6GBs and also for it’s speed. [/B]

Wouldn’t disagree with you on this, as a general rule of thumb, but transcoded quality also depends on the original film quality.
i.e. some lend themselves better to compression than others.

yes I must agree with myself that it is the best…
backed up full movies with menu’s titanic,the abyss,the green mile all long movies and picture quality is very good have got the panasonic 37 inch plasma.
all the others are crap or they are to slow what can I say DVD X Copy XPress can’t even copy die another day which dvd2one can easily.
instant is a joke and shrink is poor quality…
anyway dvd2one can and will get better and better when they release new versions…
CCE and TPMGEnc are Encoders DVD2One is a transcoder…and who wants to spend all day Encoding a movie when the whole proccess can be done in under 1 hour…

Originally posted by Codewiz
[B]The first question you asked has been answered MANY TIMES. Try the search function of the website.

Second, this is a DVD2ONE FORUM. Not a DVDShrink forum… [/B]

I think thats pretty close to the mark.

for all those that think DVD2One ROCKS

HERE

@MackemX:

I TOTALLY agree with your post!!!:bow:

DVD2one doesn’t ROCK!!!

@tcc:

You better throw away your plasma TV, it really must be damaged…
Talking about Titanic, look carefully at the scene when the ship is leaving port. There is an underwater scene of the propellers. What does your plasma TV reveals? Is not a real mess of macroblocks?

Milkman

I do believe your conclusions are personal yet you try to make the world believe your conclusion is the only right one. Sounds a bit unfair to me.

With DVD2one it’s not a mather of rocking or not (We leave the rocking part to rock’n’roll bands)

I do think that with your comments you did not keep in mind that the current engine of DVD2one was made to make movie only copies of discs who where just a bit above the DVD-r/w limit.
(let’s say about a 600-1200Mb to large)
And on those kind of movies the algorithm works like a charm.

The new algorithm we are testing at this right moment should work a lot beter on the larger/longer movies.

So in your book it might not rock, but i think the new version will rock a bit more.

But i think it’s a bit unfair comparing a rather complicated way of copying (like the CCE method) to a very simple three click solution.

DVD2one never pretended to be a ENCODER, yet most people still seem to think it is a encoder.

I’ve seen discs encoded with our compitors product (hey, i test other products like others test ours :wink: ) And i must admit DVD2one still does a hell of a job on the discs we originaly targeted the engine on (the slightly oversized movies, which here in the netherlands is almost 95% of the available discs!)

That’s why we started working on a newer version of the compression engine. This new engine uses a different aproach of the data, and that should result in a very high increase of quality.
And making DVD2one a bit more fitted to do the larger discs aswell.

But please do keep in mind that DVD2one relies 100% on the original encoding (aka the factory encoding) and does not like CCE/TmPEG re-encodes the motion parts!
(DVD2one will never ever become such a encoder, that’s a totaly different ballgame!)

But then again, DVD2one was the first program on Windows who could compress a DVD9 to DVD5 within a very short amount of time and with a ease that still isn’t matched by others :wink: .
And two months later we repeated the same trick again, we where the first on MAC OS-X to make such a product.

So i think it’s pretty safe to conclude we inspired others with our method and program :slight_smile:

And that competition is a good thing, we do believe in fair and honest competition, it keeps everybody sharper.

Originally posted by Milkman
[B]@MackemX:

You better throw away your plasma TV, it really must be damaged…
Talking about Titanic, look carefully at the scene when the ship is leaving port. There is an underwater scene of the propellers. What does your plasma TV reveals? Is not a real mess of macroblocks?

Milkman [/B]

have had a look at the scene it is very good must be something wrong with your burner or disks or even your computer.
have recorded the titanic using full disk mode (using my ao5) there is no blockyness at all (otherwise I would have binned it).
did u know there are 2 versions of titanic a 3 hour and a 3 half hour which version u have.
there is nothing wrong with my plasma TV which cost £4000
its superb.

Originally posted by tcc
have had a look at the scene it is very good must be something wrong with your burner or disks or even your computer.
have recorded the titanic using full disk mode (using my ao5) there is no blockyness at all (otherwise I would have binned it).
did u know there are 2 versions of titanic a 3 hour and a 3 half hour which version u have.
there is nothing wrong with my plasma TV which cost £4000
its superb. [/B]
you are probably right there is nothing wrong with your Plasma

but please understand and don’t take offence that there truely is a visible difference and especially on Titantic if you view it on a system capabable of showing this difference

Originally posted by ReneB
I do believe your conclusions are personal yet you try to make the world believe your conclusion is the only right one. Sounds a bit unfair to me.

With DVD2one it’s not a mather of rocking or not (We leave the rocking part to rock’n’roll bands).
is that me?

Originally posted by ReneB I do think that with your comments you did not keep in mind that the current engine of DVD2one was made to make movie only copies of discs who where just a bit above the DVD-r/w limit.
(let’s say about a 600-1200Mb to large)
And on those kind of movies the algorithm works like a charm.

The new algorithm we are testing at this right moment should work a lot beter on the larger/longer movies.

So in your book it might not rock, but i think the new version will rock a bit more.
I understand that but sadly others don’t. It’s great news for DVD2One users (and potential users) that a new engine is coming soon

Originally posted by ReneB But i think it’s a bit unfair comparing a rather complicated way of copying (like the CCE method) to a very simple three click solution.

DVD2one never pretended to be a ENCODER, yet most people still seem to think it is a encoder.
another mistake users make and you get the diehard CCE’s forever claiming the superiority to all other tools which is a bit boring really cos we all know about it anyway. I only question it when users of DVD2One/DVDShrink etc compare the quality to IC/CCE etc even using 1:1, when again most people know what truely is what in order of quality regardless of if you see it or not

Originally posted by ReneB I’ve seen discs encoded with our compitors product (hey, i test other products like others test ours :wink: ) And i must admit DVD2one still does a hell of a job on the discs we originaly targeted the engine on (the slightly oversized movies, which here in the netherlands is almost 95% of the available discs!)

That’s why we started working on a newer version of the compression engine. This new engine uses a different aproach of the data, and that should result in a very high increase of quality.
And making DVD2one a bit more fitted to do the larger discs aswell.

But please do keep in mind that DVD2one relies 100% on the original encoding (aka the factory encoding) and does not like CCE/TmPEG re-encodes the motion parts!
(DVD2one will never ever become such a encoder, that’s a totaly different ballgame!)
Yep, I wish more users would realise this but I doubt it will ever happen :frowning:

Originally posted by ReneB But then again, DVD2one was the first program on Windows who could compress a DVD9 to DVD5 within a very short amount of time and with a ease that still isn’t matched by others :wink: .
And two months later we repeated the same trick again, we where the first on MAC OS-X to make such a product.

So i think it’s pretty safe to conclude we inspired others with our method and program :)And that competition is a good thing, we do believe in fair and honest competition, it keeps everybody sharper. [/B]
I agree, what a breakthrough DVD2One was (Big Up!)but now the others boys wanna piece of the action, and competition is getting fierce and so are the flame wars regarding which is the best tool :bigsmile:

All that get’s me is narrow mindedness when it comes to backup tools and methods. I personally use at least 3 for whatever reason I need them but some users buy one and that’s it, they are over the moon with it and it’s the best thing since sliced bread so the ‘why isn’t everyone else using it?’ attitude appears :slight_smile:

I’ve always got my eye on other Apps I don’t really use as you never know how they may improve and by the sounds of things you are making changes to DVD2One and in the right direction cos processing speed isn’t the major factor for some usersl, some would appreciate the better quality if faster processing speed needed to be sacrificed

each to his own

Originally posted by MackemX elsewhere in this foum [b]
It ruffles my feathers when people who think that the app they use is the one everyone else should use and if they don’t they are just wasting their time etc

basically you have the DVD2One etc users in the North Pole, the CCE etc users on the South Pole and the IC users on the equator

using mostly IC I’m roughly around the eqautor but I ain’t afraid of expeditions to the North and South Poles depending on circumstances but I do feel some users cannot understand why others live where they live or don’t travel, in other words narrow mindedness :p[/b]

Yes i agree these flame wars about who’s the best are so useless ,all products have there pro’s and con’s simple as that.

But about that deleting of threads
The only thing i do is trying to keep this part of CDFREAKS dvd2one only, because this is our official support forum.

You can discuss the other programs somewhere else on CDFREAKS but not here that’s all.

I will say i’m very happy to support the ONLY one developer who make a MacOsX version of this Great soft and i hope the development continue at this High quality. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry for all other developers but i have most fidelity for good Softs and i’ll continue support the first one has working for the mac community.

Thank’s a lot and continue the same way, it’s possible that’s not the best way but i’ts MY WAY. :wink:

Best regards
Olivier
MacManiac from Swizerland

P.S. Excuse my bad english :Z

anyway thx for the info and I will keep it just to dvd2one
hope the new version comes out soon …