Any reason to use CloneCD now?

vbimport

Call me late, but I just found this Alcohol program after a year of (almost) happily using CloneCD. I recently bought a new game that it didn’t copy, so I went searching.

So far, this program looks great. It seems it can also replace my Daemon Tools. Any reason not to?

Robert

Any reason not to?

NO

I agree that DAEMON is not ‘needed’ anymore. I still like it and hope they’ll keep it up to date. CloneCD now also has a virtual drive. So no need to replace it just for that reason.

There has been a lot of mudslinging lately concerning the (in)ability of certain programs to copy the newer protections. Alcohol and Blindwrite were the first to find a way to break these schemes, while CloneCD lagged behind (that was a first in a very long time). With the newest version of CloneCD (4.1.0.2) you’ll be able to copy all the Safediscs (including SD2.8) with any writer. A Securom new fix is also being developed.
Keep the faith in CloneCD. It’s been the ‘best’ (in my personal opinion) for years and wil regain the crown soon. I like both Alcohol and Blindwrite for their features and used them occasionally (still do), but as a whole I like CCD because it’s package (and history).

I wish everybody would stop trying to win the "which progam is best’ war and just support the developers in making their products better. In the end we all win with better programs available.

Originally posted by MTR
With the newest version of CloneCD (4.1.0.2) you’ll be able to copy all the Safediscs (including SD2.8) with any writer. A Securom new fix is also being developed.

Is this 4.1.0.2 going to be available soon? How do you know it will do SD2.8 with any writer? … Not disputing it, just curious where you got the information :slight_smile:

Well, I like not having to use so many different programs. The fact Alcohol is easy to use and just works is a great bonus. For instance, I kept GoldenHawk’s CDRWin around for burning CUE/BIN files because it was the best at it. Other apps had some issues with the format if it had multiple tracks, etc. Well, yesterday I uninstalled it after testing a difficult CUE/BIN with Alcohol. It worked great.

So now it’s replaced three programs I previously used. Hell, if he ever adds the ability to detect the copy protection, ala CLONYXL, then it will replace four programs!

Robert

Originally posted by belgarath
[B]

Is this 4.1.0.2 going to be available soon? How do you know it will do SD2.8 with any writer? … Not disputing it, just curious where you got the information :slight_smile: [/B]

you haven’t been to the clonecd forum in a while eh?

FutureProof’s post

Thnx Webcrawler … Obviously missed that post … Any ideas when this or later versions will be available?

@valnar
I totally agree with using as few programs as possible.

I have only CloneCd and Nero installed om my primary system. Whenever I need another program I go to another system.

As far as I know CloneCD will soon be the easiest progam to use: just insert the CD and press copy! Olli is working on it. That’s why he was a little behind on the new protections. The only thing missing is direct bin/cue support (but you can mount it in the virtual drive and burn it like that). I hate having to fiddle around with different settings to make a working copy.

I like Alcohol as well, but found it a bit less user friendly. In the end I don’t care which program does it, as long as it get’s done.

I am not an expert in “CD-copy business” and I am a fan of Slysoft software, excluding CloneCD. I tried it only two times in my life. First, some years ago trying to copy a PSX game. Failure. Second, just the other day, trying to copy “Emperor” (Sierra). Failure. I called a couple of friends who had an answer: Alcohol 120%. Tried. The copy works.

It might be just an unlucky coincidence.

@ alex thyl

erm… thanks for replying but if you look at the date posted, you will see this thread is two years old!!!

This post is nearly 2 years old
But just a few things about clone cd firstly it always did psx games (well as long as i can remember many versions back)
Are you using the latest version because an older version wont backup the latest games…

LOL. Why do people always dig up old topics?

Well, it seems it is still a topic despite of the time interval. Actually as I wrote I tried CloneCD a number of years ago and failed to copy the PSX, like now with a PC game. The PSX, if my memory does not fail me, was a Star Wars Jedi something.

Last but not least, it escaped my attention that the post is two years old. I regret that I have stolen your time.