Any reason to upgrade from Pioneer 115D to Optiarc 724x / 726x?

vbimport

Other than speed and SATA interface, is there any reason to go for this upgrade? They are both NEC chipset driven drives, I gather. Is one quieter? My Pioneer is pretty quiet.
Does one do better with TY T02/T03 DVD +R media than the other?

I am just curious, cuz Ive had the pioneer quite some time and it has made awesome burns for me. It still works great, not dirty…so just wondering if I should stick with it or go for an optiarc?

Also, Ive read threads on here regarding the 7240 vs 7260…was it determined the 7260 is same hardware pretty much and still good quailty burner that 7240 is?

Also, whats a good scanning drive nowadays? I have an older liteon drive and liteons are still great scanners from what Im reading…will any liteon do or is there a specific series/model?

Thanks

Hi,

I’d stick with the Pioneer.
Speed does not matter, since 24x write speed is more or less a marketing Gimmick. You’d still use speeds in the range from 8x-16x, so the advertised peak write speed does not matter.

For scanning, your Liteon can’t be beaten when it comes to DVD media scanning. For CD stuff, Liteons are not recommendable, perhaps this would be a reason to add an Optiarc to your drive zoo. :slight_smile:

MIchael

Well I dont burn CD’s that often, did you mean liteons arent great for scanning CD’s?
But optiarcs are?
Is my pioneer a good CD burner?

The only thing I dont think my liteon supports is jitter scanning =/ so thats why I was wonderig if should get a new liteon drive instead, or is jitter pretty much decent with my pioneer / T02 media?

Hi,[QUOTE=amdking;2541646]Well I dont burn CD’s that often, did you mean liteons arent great for scanning CD’s?[/quote]Liteons are half-blind when scanning CD.

But optiarcs are?
At least they can scan somewhat properly.

Is my pioneer a good CD burner?
Yes. :iagree:

The only thing I dont think my liteon supports is jitter scanning =/ so thats why I was wonderig if should get a new liteon drive instead,
Perhaps spend some time in our Liteon forum. Not impossible that there is already a solution for that problem :slight_smile:

Michael