Any quality differnce between these ritek?

vbimport

1. Genuine Ritek Ridata G04 Grade A 1X-4X DVD-R 4.7GB (Silver Matte) Blank Media General Use DVDR Disc 25, 50, 100, 200, 500 Pack

http://www.meritline.com/ritek-ridata-g04-4x-dvd-r-blank-media-disc-matte-1.html

1. Genuine Ritek G04 Grade A 1X-4X DVD-R 4.7GB (Silver Shiny) Blank Media General Use DVDR Disc 25, 50, 100, 200, 500 Pack

http://www.meritline.com/ritek-g04-4x-grade-dvd-r-dvdr-blank-media-disc-discs-bulk.html

???

From what I recall the “Shiny Tops” are among the lower quality Ritek’s.

I’d stick with the “Silver Matte” ones in the RiData shrink-wrap. RiData has been called “Grade A” Ritek media.

Same dye - different top. That’s it.

Same dye yes. Different quality? Perhaps.
Unfortunately there are different ‘grades’ of Ritek and they are not labeled as such.
If both packages were shrink-wrapped in RiData packaging I wouldn’t worry about it. But the ones in the spindle could very well be different quality…

Originally posted by Ssseth
Same dye yes. Different quality? Perhaps.
Unfortunately there are different ‘grades’ of Ritek and they are not labeled as such.
If both packages were shrink-wrapped in RiData packaging I wouldn’t worry about it. But the ones in the spindle could very well be different quality…

they’re both grade a. so they should be okay right?

so if they’re same dye and different tops, then next question is: when would different tops make a difference?

i use sharpie to label, is it likely to leak though on one top vs other?

Different tops should make no difference.

The problem with Ritek is that their quality is too variable. Not all batches of “grade A” Ritek are the same. Some are good. Some suck.

I guess what Ssseth is saying is that the shiny “grade A” RiData discs tend to vary unfavorably compared to the silver mattes. I have no evidence to support this either way, though.

Sharpies should be fine. There is a LOT of plastic between the top and the recording layer for DVDs–much more so than for CDs, so you should be fine.

Though if I were you, I wouldn’t get Riteks (as a person who’s gotten two RiData batches before, I think they’re overrated… though I guess considering their price, they are probably still worth it)

I use the best Ritek G04 and purchase them in a cake tub. I find that half way I start getting bad disks. Not only Ritex but all manufacturs of blank disk, why can they not product quality products? Is the technicality so difficult that it is not possible to get a full bach of disks correct. :confused: roberson

Originally posted by code65536
[B]Different tops should make no difference.

The problem with Ritek is that their quality is too variable. Not all batches of “grade A” Ritek are the same. Some are good. Some suck.

I guess what Ssseth is saying is that the shiny “grade A” RiData discs tend to vary unfavorably compared to the silver mattes. I have no evidence to support this either way, though.

Sharpies should be fine. There is a LOT of plastic between the top and the recording layer for DVDs–much more so than for CDs, so you should be fine.

Though if I were you, I wouldn’t get Riteks (as a person who’s gotten two RiData batches before, I think they’re overrated… though I guess considering their price, they are probably still worth it) [/B]

what do you use then/recommend?

Tayo Yuden (TY) is by far the best. MCC and MXL are my next choices.