Any Problems with Ritek 16x DVD+R

I have purchased and used Ridata DVD+R blank DVD’s (4.7Gigs) 50-packs. Now I need to buy more. has anyone had experience (good & bad) with
Ritek 16x DVD+R 50-packs, cake box - retail (with logo) advertised on Newegg for $12.99 ? My Burner are Plextors 708A & 740A.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I think I’d be a bit wary of the Ridata brand, but that’s just me.

The Ritek 16x +Rs I’ve used have all been RICOHJPN R03 media code, and Maxell branded.

They’re OK for me, I’d use them for everyday use, but for important data I’d use Verbatim (or Taiyo Yuden).

Arachne,
Thanks for the reply. I have 5 blank disc left from a 50-pack and they are Richoh JPN-R01-02 and NO COASTER. So you see why I am looking for the ‘SAME’ type.

Thanks again

That media code is supposed to be really good :)…never had the pleasure of trying them myself unfortunately :frowning:

RICOHJPN R01 is extremely good :iagree:. As to Ridata Ritek’s, personally the +R discs I would definately use for everyday use media, as I use Traxdata Ritek +R media for that and they’re good :slight_smile:

yes it is. But how do I order the same quality blank Discs?
I think this is my problem.

Are you planning to use these discs as long-term archives, or everyday use (I define “everyday use” as copies of things I can easily backup again if anything happens)?

4x rated +R RICOHJPN R01 is some of the best media I have
ever used. 16x +R RICOHJPN R03 is not bad. I have some
of the Maxell branded R03 like Arachne’s and also some
Ridisc branded R03. They burn well at 8x in the Liteon LH-18
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1715552&postcount=94

and at 8x in the LG GSA-H22N
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1760134&postcount=181

At $12.99 for 50, I would certainly try them.

I use them for ‘ALL’ purposes. Downloading from Microsoft Technet to burning DVD’s.

I’d say give them a go - the price is certainly very appealing :slight_smile:

Ridata 16x in the 50 packs at Newegg can be either Ritek R04, Ritek R05, Ritek P16, and Ritek F16… it’s the luck of the draw as each lot from Ritek contains a mixture of all these codes! I have found the best of these to be RicohJPNR03.

I have an issue w/ the Ritek 16x.
I bought a 50 stack at Best Buy under the brand Memorex +R 16x.
I have a little mystery with RiTek F16 blank media…I ran Nero’s Info Tool to confirm the real manufacturer. The RiTek F16 +R rated at 8x max. write speed. However, the Memorex label says 16x.
They work fine. No problems. But here’s issue…
The maximum burn speed is only 8x when using my LiteOn 1693S burner which burn up 16x.
I’m using the latest patched firmware (KC4B patched) for my LiteOn 1693s. And want to increase the burn rate to 16x on the RiTek F16. However, when I open up the firmware using OmniPage, it doesn’t show/list the Ritek F16. It lists Ritek P16 and other Ritek dvds.
So, how do I go about boosting the speed on this particular dvd? Or, How do I include it into the firmware?
I checked CDFreaks for a possible solution. But did not see anything on this delima.
Any suggestions/answers?
Thanks,
Dan

[QUOTE=Dan Allis;2158581]However, when I open up the firmware using OmniPage, it doesn’t show/list the Ritek F16. It lists Ritek P16 and other Ritek dvds.
So, how do I go about boosting the speed on this particular dvd? Or, How do I include it into the firmware?
I checked CDFreaks for a possible solution. But did not see anything on this delima.
Any suggestions/answers?
Thanks,
Dan[/QUOTE]

Use MCSE (Media Code Speed Edit) to add/swap write strategies for your Ritek F16 - it seems like your drive’s firmware uses 8x as a default max writing speed for unknown media. The F16 is one of the recent dye formulas that Ritek has, and actually burns well with newer writers, and scans look decent. Can’t say enough about longevity as I’ve used F16s for less than 9 months but I can say that there’s no apparent degradation as compared to G05 media.