Any Pink Floyd fans out there?

vbimport

I just recieved my 30th anniversary reissue of Dark Side of the Moon Mastered by AcousTech, pressed on 180 gram virgin vinyl. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Check out the links!
http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_detail.cfm?Title_ID=11084
http://news.acousticsounds.com/floydmastering.cfm
They also have a hybrid SACD first 5.1 surround remaster of the same, I’ll be getting that next :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

i am a fan - but not that hardcore. i’d like a dvd-audio version, as i dont have an sacd player.

can’t match them live, though - or recorded live.

greatest band ever. too bad they don’t have DVD-Audio version as i too have not SACD player. first concert '93 Giants Stadium. have over 30 CDs (albums and boots) and numerous boot tapes.

Love em.

I only have the original CDs of all their albums though:(

I’m not a fan of Pink Floyd, but I think that :bow: ‘Dark Side of the Moon’ :bow: is one of the best albums ever made. Congrats with your vinyl edition. :slight_smile:

Love the music, got it all

Like the music, have one CD if I’m correct.

:iagree:

I have all cds of pink floyd and a 8 vinyls :slight_smile:
All Original.
(i miss the dvd at pompei :sad: )

Got about 10 of their CDs, and an original pressing of Wish You Were Here on vinyl.

I got some of their CDs and I quite like’em.

I think that “The Wall” is my fav album. I’ve been listening to that one since I was just 2 years of age and I’m still not tired of it. I guess that proves its quality :wink:

I think DSOTM is great and has but The Wall is my favorite also. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The Echoes collection is very nice too

Been to many concerts since the late 1970’s Awesome!

I’d have to say Animals was their best album. The Wall comes in a close second, followed by Wish You Were Here.

You mention that you got the album on vinyl. Are you a audiophile? I have well over a thousand LPs. Have you transferred your material from vinyl to CD?

How about this for “DOH!”-ness. Bought the 5.1 DSOTM a good while ago and listened to it once on my standard stereo. Bought AV amp and speakers a month back (not sure why 'cos I never watch Matrix/StarWars type films) and only NOW, reading this post. has it ocurred to me to listen to DSOTM again - only this time in 5.1!
I grew up with Umma Gumma and Atom Heart Mother but still like Division Bell and Lapse of Reason more than anything.
Can anyone reccomend good, live bootlegs and where to find them?

i really like some of their older stuff like partiularly Obscured By Clouds and the More Soundtrack.

i love all their stuff until they split up - yes, even The Final Cut.

I have transfered quite a bit, but have slowed down till I could do some upgrading to my system. I was using a Creative Audigy platinum card but I just put in a Terratec DMX6fire and picked up a new stylus for my Ortofon OM40 cardtrdge so i am getting ready to start again today! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

love the floyd