Any opinions about Blaze BR 4x 25GB media?

vbimport

Shop4Tech.com has the 10 Pack Blaze 4X Single Layer Write Once 25GB Blu-Ray Blank Discs for $60 - 10% with coupon code MC10 [Exp 9/19] = $54 with free shipping.

Anybody got it and may share opinions about this media? How does it work with LG GGW-H20L?

Never heard about this brand “Blaze” before but maybe you can email Shop4tech and ask what is the media code. The price $5.4 per disc is ok though if it’s a good code (and not fake).

I got some yesterday; with the white ink-jet printable. Worked perfect. Was surprised, because of the cost. About time, I didn’t have to spend +$300; just to test a ink-jet printable Blu-Ray. DVD wise, I’m a TY only, man. So you know, of my skeptism. Burned a 4 hour, Blu-Ray disc from my cams HD videos. Printing was great, almost glossy like. No dropouts, skips or blocks, so far. Keeping fingers crossed. Always got screwed when using cheap, DVD’s in the beginning. They say, this is a new formula, somewhere?
I have a retail; LG GGW burner; used @ 4X.

I bought some a while back, but my burner GGW-H20L (YL05) can only read them, when I try to burn it just gets stuck in a loop initializing or something. I was going to RMA them, but then forgot to mail them back so now I’m just hoping a future firmware will allow me to use them for something. When I get some time later today I’ll post up the media code.

Can you tell us the media code on them?

Thank you

[QUOTE=richmg821;2229144]I got some yesterday; with the white ink-jet printable. Worked perfect. Was surprised, because of the cost. About time, I didn’t have to spend +$300; just to test a ink-jet printable Blu-Ray. DVD wise, I’m a TY only, man. So you know, of my skeptism. Burned a 4 hour, Blu-Ray disc from my cams HD videos. Printing was great, almost glossy like. No dropouts, skips or blocks, so far. Keeping fingers crossed. Always got screwed when using cheap, DVD’s in the beginning. They say, this is a new formula, somewhere?
I have a retail; LG GGW burner; used @ 4X.[/QUOTE]

The media code on mine:

Disc ID: CMCMAG-BA3-00
Disc Type: BD-R

Of course I can’t get anything to burn on them, it gets stuck at the beginning before the burn begins with my GGW-H20L (YL05).

I had a problem, with blu-ray media burning; on my burner after a couple of days; when I first got it last spring. It wouldn’t even erase the RE disc, afterwards. Sent the burner back, got a new one, Same result. Finally I took the burner out; and connected it to my other computer, when I realised it also had; SATA (old 939 socket) connectors. It worked perfect. Bought new motherboard, something must have went wrong, with my Sata drivers, on the MB, I guess. Haven’t a problem, burning anything since, with the burner, new MB. Knew something was wrong, when I couldn’t even burn, a regular DVD. All 8 of my Blu-Ray copies, are perfect; I made with the Blaze ink-jet 4X DVD.
I checked out the code…
My Disc are : Ritek
[BD-R-1L25.0:Ritek-BR2-000] [BR2]
Also, ink dries quickly. Put it in my Panasonic Blu-ray player, right-away; no smearing, smudging or runs.

[QUOTE=richmg821;2230855]I had a problem, with blu-ray media burning; on my burner after a couple of days; when I first got it last spring. It wouldn’t even erase the RE disc, afterwards. .[/QUOTE]

what brand name is your burner?

As I wrote above, I have a LG GGW. I didn’t put in; the -H20L. (GGW-H20L). I didn’t remember the model number. And if I’m not mistaken, other than the OEM models. They only had two types, GGW; and read only (GGC).
Also, like the guy above; when my computer was hanging, it did it in the beginning, of all the programs, I used. Luckily, I was using BR-E’s until, I couldn’t erase them. Then I tried a BR, and it did the same thing. Lucky also, I didn’t throw my BR-E’s out, thinking they would be coasters forever.
I see his disc, and mine (inkjet); come from two different sources. If no disc write, on his burner; it’s a burner or MB problem. Now my burner did work, the first couple of days. So it wasn’t the drivers. (Then again, software?). I had no problems, with my PATA drives. And updating my firmware up to (YL05) didn’t help. It recognised all the disc. The Blu-Ray started burning, and then, everything hungup; disc were then un-erasable. The only problem I have with; Fair Witness, he never stated anywhere, if he used other disc, and that they work, before or after. It’s good to have, a Re-writable BD-E disc, to test things. I thought my burner went bad; when in fact, it was the MB. Never, had that happen before. Some of you guys might be wondering, why only 8 of my 10 Disc, turned out good. Well the first one, I made a menu problem. That was also on my test BR-E disc; that I missed, on the last menu page. The 2nd one; I checked the data loss prevention box? Which lowered the burn rate, and increased the time to 40 minutes? Instead of 16.5 minutes. The remaining 8; were burned at 4X, from the Blu-Ray folders. They all play perfect, on my stand alone Panasonic (MD?35) player. I got in total 10 out of 10 Blaze disc, that all worked, 9 burned at 4X; and one disc, that if you clicked that button, took you to the end, of the disk. My mistake.