Any news on a 22-inch LCD monitor with 1920 x 1200 resolution?

vbimport

I’m saving pennies to upgrade my 17-inch CRT to an LCD before Christmas. 22-inch seems the right size for my priorities. Has anyone heard of any panel manufacturer producing or working on a 22" model with 1920 x 1200 native resolution?:slight_smile:

Lenovo ThinkVision L220X

pepst,

thanks for that quick return. Is there any TN panel around for comparison? The Lenovo looks interesting but perhaps a bit outside my budget. The wattage used by it is also a bit high for me. If I had the money it does look interesting however.

Monitors with 1900x1200 at newegg

I believe you will need a vid card to accommodate this 1920 x 1200 resolution?

My friend had the biggest POS video card with only 64MB ram, and it supported 1920x1200. Upgraded him to 780G gigabyte board and the onboard graphics look great with an improvement going to a DVI cable as well.

Thanks again everyone,

eric93se, the newegg monitors supporting 1920 x 1200 are all 24" or larger.
Aside from price, my reason for a 22" model is the lower wattage use. I have found most 24" models use anywhere from 80 to 130 watts, while 22" models tend to use anywhere from 45 to 60 watts. This difference in power use may be insignificant to mainstream PC users, but it is important to me. My current 17" CRT uses about 65 watts and I want to cut down on that with this LCD upgrade if possible. The extra 2" on the monitor’s diagonal adds a bit of viewing area, but I don’t think its worth the extra wattage(my personal view.) I am in no hurry, so I will wait until Samsung or some other panel maker decides to produce a 22" TN-panel with 1920 x 1200 native resolution. This will be more within my budget–both the purchase and the electricity bill.
thanks again everyone.

OK, now that we know you are looking for low wattage consumption (45-60watt maxx) why don’t you tell us your budget so maybe someone here can suggest something within both those ranges… who knows it might exist

for example here is one but for all I know the price may be too high
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014158

xtacydima,
Thanks, that’s a good find, rated at only 55 watts for a 24" LCD. It’s cheaper than the Lenovo ThinkVision L220X, but the Lenovo has slightly higher specs and more hardware frills.(rated at 90 watts)
I was hoping for something under $300–thats why I’m looking for a 22" model. I am betting Samsung, Viewsonic, BenQ, or Asus will release what I am looking for before Christmas.
Thanks again.

The closest I can come to that is the BenQ 24" for $389
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014158

By the way, the lcd thread at anandtech is a good place to research lcd panels, as they update the recommended monitors as good ones come out. http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=2049206&enterthread=y

Hello uSerKey

[QUOTE=uSerKey;2074491]I’m saving pennies to upgrade my 17-inch CRT to an LCD before Christmas. 22-inch seems the right size for my priorities. Has anyone heard of any panel manufacturer producing or working on a 22" model with 1920 x 1200 native resolution?:)[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure about your budget, but I’d thinking about a PVA, MVA, IPS panel and not a TN. 22" is a size the viewing angle is an important point.

Unfortunately you did not write about your priorities. Currently I’d not found a lot reasons for a 22" TFT. But this is an other thing… If you would like to do photo stuff or some graphics related things you will not be happy with a TN panel…

The resolution 1920x1200 should not make any problems with DVI. This is the largest resolution possible with a single link. And I don’t think your video board is old enough not supporting this resolution…

If you’d look for a non TN panel the easiest way is looking for a Viewing Angle higher than 176°. For example the NEC Display Solutions ASLCD24WMCX-BK Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail should be a non TN panel.
At the moment you should invest ~450-500 to get a great panel. And if you think there are no large differences between a TN a,d a PVA panel check out the next sote and compare a TN and PVA panel directly.

Thanks TM,
Yea, I know what you mean. If price were no object I would go with a BenQ FP241W, a Dell 2408WFP, or the Samsung 245T.(all rated 95 watts or higher)
But thats just it. I don’t live in the US or Europe. My income is severely limited and I not only have to keep the purchase cost down but think about electrical consumption as well. The TN panels are not as good overall as the panel types you mentioned but they tend to be much lower in price. 24" viewing area is definitely nice, but as I mentioned earlier above–the wattage used by the 24"s will add to my electric bill every month.
Price(low), wattage(low), and 1920 x 1200 native resolution are certainly three of my priorities and that definitely limits my choices at the moment.
I really would like to have one of those three monitors though!

Pardon the hijack, but thanks for the anandteck link Kerry56, it will help me make a decision when the time comes.

Everyone interested,

It appears BenQ is the first to produce something approaching what I am looking for.:slight_smile:
BenQ E2200HD and BenQ E2200HDA apparently are 21.5 inch screens with 1900 x 1080 native resolution and consume only 45W max(including speakers).
I didn’t want speakers but its not a problem if the monitor only uses 45W.
The dot pitch is less than 25, so print will be extremely fine, again that is not a problem for me.
Here are some links,
http://www.benq.com/products/LCD/?product=1368&tid=6

http://www.benq.com/products/LCD/?product=1368&page=specifications

No price out yet on these monitors I guess, but I want to wait for the competition’s reply anyway.
Seems my Christmas gift is in the making.:wink:
Thanks everyone, your previous replies assisted my very much.:clap:

Viewsonic has also produced a 22-inch monitor with 1900 x 1080 resolution, the VX2260wm, which looks like a spec-wise clone of the BenQ above.

http://www.viewsonic.com/pdf/us_eng/products/VX2260wm_VSA_Oct_2008.pdf
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/lcddisplays/xseries/VX2260wm/

Attractive for users with space, electric-use, and monetary restrictions.
Of course, always have to check the build quality and user friendliness first-hand before buying.

I was looking for the EXACT same thing.
16:10
1920x1200
22-inch (better than 24-inch for desktop gaming as you don’t have to move you eyeballs / head too much)
Low wattage.

I found and bought it yesterday: Samsung T220P.
Brilliant monitor.

[QUOTE=uSerKey;2148255]Viewsonic has also produced a 22-inch monitor with 1900 x 1080 resolution, the VX2260wm, which looks like a spec-wise clone of the BenQ above.
[/QUOTE]

Yup. :slight_smile:

LG jumped on the bandwagon of course and offers the LG W2261V.

The Lenovo above, aside from the power rating, apparently has a very bright screen even at the 0 brightness setting. So some type of screen cover would be necessary for extended use to prevent eye strain.

Dell will offer some energy-saving monitors soon with the Dell G2210 and G2410 which are more TN panel monitors. The Dell G2210 is 1680 x 1050 native resolution though.