Any news for release *11 firmwares?

Like subject (news from LiteON).
I am really tired to see things as these!
A Verbatim Taiyo Yuden 4x with this result is unacceptable!!!

Hi there. I found that I get much much better burns using firmware: HSOK instead of HSOP. However I only use DVD+R so…:slight_smile:

Weshy.

i thought the same so in the end i have got myself a poineer 107d much better results. i feel liteon have let down all *11 dvd writer owners and i will never buy another liteon product again i have found the results from my drive poor at the best of times and so after owning the drive for around 4 months thought it was time to move on i wouldnt insult anyone by trying to sell it on i wouldnt wish a liteon on anyone. i just cannt understand why liteon havent recalled the drives their crap :frowning: :a

Originally posted by frosty
i thought the same so in the end i have got myself a poineer 107d much better results. i feel liteon have let down all *11 dvd writer owners and i will never buy another liteon product again i have found the results from my drive poor at the best of times and so after owning the drive for around 4 months thought it was time to move on i wouldnt insult anyone by trying to sell it on i wouldnt wish a liteon no anyone. i just cannt understand why liteon havent recalled the drives there crap :frowning: :a

I couldn’t agreee more;)

I surmise that these reports of the drives being “crap” are coming from about 1% of total drive owners. I don’t think that qualifies for a recall. If you have come to your wits end and tried every possible thing to fix the problem, contact LiteOn and try and return the drive for a new one. :iagree:

i gotta say that in contrast to the flawless cdburning with all my other liteons (52246s, 48161 x2, 48246, 40125, 12101b, ltd163)
my 811s and 411s seem to have more variable performance which i can see driving less patient people to curse their purchase.

but they would be cursing no matter what brand they bought. if it was NEC it would be the slow read speed, ect

i have emailed liteon more that once about the problems with this drive with no reply. i have looked on these forums for months now trying to find answers. at the end of the day yes the drive seems to work soso if i use ritek die disks but i dont want to be paying through the nose for every burn. the pioneer drive works great with 50p disks so why spend 3 times that at the local shop
ive posted here before of my concerns about this drive why did liteon move on so quick and leave most 811s owners with unreliable drives firmware after firmware didnt sort the problems out its not just me read the forums from as far back as november last year and u will see theres post after post of unhappy people and its not just with the 811s it goes as far back as the 401s liteon dont know how to make dvd rw drives thats the way i see it. then take a look in the pioneer forum and you’ll see theres hardly any problems i agree there will alway be some problems with every drive but theres a lot less with most other drives out there.
the way i see it i got a good cd/dvd combo with poor dvd burning support for £120 but that will be the last money liteon see’s out of me i could have got what i have for a third of the cost dvd burning is what the drive was bought for and not cd burning dvd reading and its not that good a reader either lol :cop:

Originally posted by frosty
i have emailed liteon more that once about the problems with this drive with no reply. i have looked on these forums for months now trying to find answers. at the end of the day yes the drive seems to work soso if i use ritek die disks but i dont want to be paying through the nose for every burn. the pioneer drive works great with 50p disks so why spend 3 times that at the local shop

Maybe think more along the lines of … If the liteon spits out a bad burn now, the media is probably very bad, and lastability will be s@#t too.

If the drive burns anything without any real feedback, then chances are that several months down the track, you may very well lose some important stuff on cheap DVDR’s

At least you find out NOW that your stuff isn’t gonna last long (on that particular media) :wink:

frosty,
my 811s with hs0p burns everything i throw at it. the only time i have problems is when i write @8x on 4x ricohjpn01 media when it switches from 4 to 6x it will spike sometimes (not everytime) but the movie will play after a pause no matter what.

i buy what ever is cheapest. i have a 50 pack of starlogic 1x (princo) that was 9.99 and it burns and plays fine in an apex 1200. in fact it burns that media @2x and kprobe says the disc is way out of spec but it will still play fine.

not sure about the perminence of any media but since i am backing up my own stuff it isn’t really a problem either.

Just so you know not all liteon drives are crap I have attached a KProbe scan, the results of which I obtain with almost every DVD I create. I use cheap Gigastore -R media not +R media as most test results that are posted use +R media. I have used almost 150 -R discs so far and all of them play fine in my pioneer DVD-525, which by todays player standards is getting old. I had overclocked my 411s to an 811s using Zebra mod 4 but scan results were lower, all discs still played fine though and I’m happy burning at 4x.

P4 2.53 512MB RDRAM
liteon ldw-411s
liteon 48246s :smiley:

Can you tell us more about these good quality DVD-R?

What they are branded as, and what sort of packaging?

Ie: Mistsubishi/Ricoh 10pk DVD-R 4x rated
or Ridata DVD-R 4x rated, spindle of 10.

Etc :slight_smile:

Can you tell us more about these good quality DVD-R?

The DVD-R discs are sold under the brand name of “Record”, I purchased them of course in Australia from a “swap meet”, the non print tops come in cakes of 50 or shrink wrapped lots of 10. You can also get print tops in cakes of 50 they are a different code and the quality doesn’t seem as good but as I said I have not had 1 failure using these discs, a cake of 50 print tops in Austraila currently cost $60AUS. If you live in AUS and can’t find them I have contact details for Aussie distributor.:smiley:

Sorry didn’t answer all your question they are 4x rated but have been told that they also burn ok at 8x but I personally have not seen any results of such burns.

I’ll keep an eye out for them up here in sydney :wink: