Any New Liteons In The Pipeline

vbimport

Just been reading about the NEW PLEX that can squeeze 110min of audio onto a standard 80min CD

What are the chances of LITEON following suit?

Mikey :rolleyes:

Slim. I think they are busy with their DVD-writers, and squeezing 110 minutes of WAV onto a CD-R is useless anyhow.

lite-on got a 52x32x52 drive comming soon

Good cdrw media is hard to find right now. Even finding 24x-capable cdrw’s are pretty hard right now… so I don’t know if the 32 will do any good…

I hope that verbatim 24x discs will work at 32x.

For me, 110 mins on a cd-r is really senseless; i’ve had a dvd writer for more than a year…but there are still a few people out there without dvd writer, and they may want such a feature :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by alexnoe
there are still a few people out there without dvd writer

You overestimate our spending habits. Though Lite-On’s drive will no doubt bring DVD writing to the masses like never before.

Cheers for the help,

Just to dot the I’s 24 X CDRW Verbatum Branded £1.20 inc. at (www.blankdiscshop.com) If links arn’t allowed please remove.

And I have just returned an IBM drive for the seccond time.

Thanks Again

Mike

Originally posted by Mikey_P
[B]Just been reading about the NEW PLEX that can squeeze 110min of audio onto a standard 80min CD

What are the chances of LITEON following suit?

Mikey :rolleyes: [/B]

2 years ago that would have been a very usefull and impressive feature where Lite-On might have basically had to follow suit. However as soon as Lite-On releases their DVD drives to the market (and it will start with LG even) really buying a CD-RW becomes rather silly as one would just spend the extra to get a DVD!!! Then the 110 minutes of audio is really a big nothing!