Any Idea What The Next Version Will Contain?

Was wondering if the DVD2one team knows what the next update will contain?

Any new stuff or mainly bug fixes?

I am asuming that the dvd2one team knows exactly what the new stuff will be, but as they stated before, they will not tell untill the next update is out.

Now you have dvd95copy for full dvd copy…wonder how long it takes for dvd2one to bring out dvd2one full copy?

full copy sucks…quality is awfull…let’s just keep dvd2one just as it is now !

I agree with Nicofieu !

YES nicofieu! I agree!

Let´s have QUALITY instead of features!

In MHO i think if DVD2One did have the option to do full copy then it will do a damn better job than Instant Copy. I still prefer DVD2One for movie only quality and speed and I am glad I have paid my money and purchased it unlike some did.

Snaily

People please be patient, 1:1 copy will be released in time i can garantee you that!

Before we can make the 1:1 copy version we need to improve the quality control of the engine. And that’s something we are doing right now, allong with certain fixes in the engine to improve VOB handling.

Originally posted by ReneB
[B]People please be patient, 1:1 copy will be released in time i can garantee you that!

Before we can make the 1:1 copy version we need to improve the quality control of the engine. And that’s something we are doing right now, allong with certain fixes in the engine to improve VOB handling. [/B]

So next version will mainly contain bug fixes and maybe some quality improvements?

Will this quality control be aimed at movies longer than 2.5 hours???

So far, I found that movies that are 2.5 hours or less look awesome quality… but those that are above that time start to get the compression pulsating blocks…

If so, can’t wait…

Oh ya, if this is true, I assume the transcoding times will be longer?? (will be worth the wait in my option).

thanx…

-chris

better quality in the next version (maybe 1.03)?

sounds good!!

rene, when can this next version be expected? are we talking about days or weeks? how far are you guys in the progress?

s.

Hello Rene,

Well that’s real great news that you and Erwin are working on better quality !
Is it possible that you can shine a very little light on how Erwin is gonna do that ?
Example: multi pass
Give you all my best,

Lenco

it would be great if the full copy mode were standard, and you could be able to strip the things you dont want (such as extras, big menus)…
That would be a great feature…
Good job with DVD2one! keep it up!

I will be very happy when 1:1 copy is an option,but i would rather wait for it to be done right. i just tried dvd95copy and it failed or had problems with all three movies i tried. I dont think i would use 1:1 copy very often anyway.

Well … IMHO, I reckon most peeps are asking to much.

To include a 1:1 feature, will, without doubt, compromise the quality of the film.

It doesn’t take “rocket science” to figure out that a 2/3 hour movie, on it’s own, has to go thru a lot of transcoding to fit onto a standard 4.7gb dvdr. If you start adding another 1-2 gb of junk )trailers/menus/directors cuts etc.), this will result in the movie itself, being very poor and the old pixellisation probs will be there.

If Erwin is able to improve his, already brilliant engine, to compensate for this, fine, but in the meantime, I would prefer all the available gigabytes being used on film quality, not junk.

@Phil Thomas

It doesn’t take “rocket science” to figure out that a 2/3 hour movie, on it’s own, has to go thru a lot of transcoding to fit onto a standard 4.7gb dvdr. If you start adding another 1-2 gb of junk )trailers/menus/directors cuts etc.), this will result in the movie itself, being very poor and the old pixellisation probs will be there.

I agree, but this could be got round reasonable well if you could choose your compression level for each section - say 75% for the main movie, 60% for extras and whatever is left for menus.

Originally posted by DreDay
[B]

So next version will mainly contain bug fixes and maybe some quality improvements? [/B]

You keep referring to bugs.
Which bugs do you mean, what part of the program is a problem for you?
I’m sure the dvd2one team would appreciate your input so they can go about repairing these ‘bugs’ you refer to.
Will

I think the most usefull new feature would be the ability to select more than one title and be able to combine 2 discs to one.

Not trying to be mean (or an ass), but for those that only want a movie only and good quality, then may I suggest when there is a version that has 1:1 copying, just don’t purchase it and keep the one you have. I mean, if the next update supposed to help increase quality, then purchase that one, and stop purchasing/updating after that. It’s not really fair to say to all those who want 1:1 that there shouldn’t be this option. As for me, I’m waiting for 1:1 copying, and hopefully an option that also lets you choose just the main movie. But this software looks to be very promising, and keep up the good work.

Here’s my second-guess:

I think the design premise of DVD2One - estimate the amount of compression needed at the outset and then refine that estimate as compression proceeds - starts to fail as the size of the original movie increases. (I’m assuming it does this as its target files are so uncannily close in size to the DVD5 maximum).
That implies - and tests bear this out - that DVD2One tends to compress more strongly towards the end of any given footage than it does at the beginning. If the movie is of reasonable length, you won’t notice this. If, however, it’s a movie of epic proportions, then visible [MPEG] artefacts start to creep in towards the finish.
My bet is that Erwin (and Rene) are working on a multi-pass strategy. This will obviously compromise the renowned speed of this program, so I’m betting they’ll make it switchable. In other words, you’ll be able to turn it off if the original movie is no more than about 6Gb. (I’m also betting that absolutely no one will ever do this!:wink: )
The spin off from this ‘super quality’ technology will be that the impact of adding menus and extras will be less. However, it cannot be gainsaid: if you convert a DVD9 to a DVD5 1:1, something’s gotta give! The more extras that are jettisoned, the more elbow room is left for Erwin to maximise the main movie’s quality.
Given the well controlled way this product has been written and managed, I’m not expecting to see 1:1 copying until the quality modifications are in-place and proven. So don’t hold your breath for it in the next release.

-Pete

**These thoughts are my entirely own. I have no direct contact with the developers and they may well have something completely different in mind:)