Any Hardcore Rock/Rap music fans here?

My favourite bands are :
Cypress Hill(yeah!), System Of A Down, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage Against tha Machine, Marilyn Manson, Staind, Slipknot, Korn…

I also want ot know are there any more good hardcore bands out there? any recommendation? :slight_smile:

I didn’t know Staind raps too :confused: Is it just me because I can’t see a rock fan likes rap music too :confused:

I like Staind though…as for Marylin, I admire him but still think he’s a bit much on the make up side :Z

I like System of a Down and Rage Against the Machine…what can I say, I’m a sucker for bands with an agenda.

Marilyn Manson - meh, I’m really sick of people whose whole act is trying to act dark and weird. A lot of the things he does are disgusting.

Rap - I’m not a fan. Most of it I don’t especially mind, but it all seems to be about the same couple of topics - weed, drinking, parties, women, caddies. Gets old pretty fast.

Slipknot I just hate. Guys is masks running around screaming…I also hear they threw feces on their fans.

Originally posted by xox
Is it just me because I can’t see a rock fan likes rap music too

Rap music are not suppose to be performed in speech, electronic beats, and rhythm only. What i mean is rock and rap music like Rage Against The Machine, Cypress Hill, Limp Bizkit, POD and so on. I think you’re think of Eminem, Ja-Rule, Fat-Joe, Run DMC or somethin’ . How can’t a rock fan likes rap? I just like the clean and straight rhythm of some rap song, is kinda good :slight_smile:

As for marilyn, the look is suitable for them because they hate all people, sex, drug addcited, and they are very agree with bi-sex. This is the perfect look for them. As for normal people, like us, only entertained by them. So, if someone ask you is it a band been like this before, your answer is yes.

BadReligionPR, i think we r not in the same line. So are u like more N’sync, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears. Or Bon-Jovi, Counting Crows, Coldplay kind of bands? or you like idol typed artists? :slight_smile:

you said Slipknot screams, System and Rage also screams! :slight_smile: . This is style of underground rock. They don;t give a shit and act as crazy as they like. THIS IS ROCK! :slight_smile:

Originally posted by PLayplay
BadReligionPR, i think we r not in the same line. So are u like more N’sync, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears. Or Bon-Jovi, Counting Crows, Coldplay kind of bands? or you like idol typed artists? :slight_smile:

???

you said Slipknot screams, System and Rage also screams!

True, but it’s not their whole act.

They don;t give a shit and act as crazy as they like. THIS IS ROCK!

That’s not rock, that’s crap. Rock is bands like the Rolling Stones and Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica (though less so in recent years). Sure they do a lot of crazy things, but they have style and talent. Slipknot has none of that.

Project Pat , Three 6 Mafia , mobb deep , Trick daddy and any other BASS music .:cool: :cool: :cool:

Originally posted by PLayplay
[B]

Rap music are not suppose to be performed in speech, electronic beats, and rhythm only. What i mean is rock and rap music like Rage Against The Machine, Cypress Hill, Limp Bizkit, POD and so on. I think you’re think of Eminem, Ja-Rule, Fat-Joe, Run DMC or somethin’ . How can’t a rock fan likes rap? I just like the clean and straight rhythm of some rap song, is kinda good :)[/B]

OK - got your point. Eminem and Run DMC is OK for me too.

As for marilyn, the look is suitable for them because they hate all people, sex, drug addcited, and they are very agree with bi-sex. This is the perfect look for them. As for normal people, like us, only entertained by them.

I don’t see how his act and make up especially are justified because of their sexual preference. Keanu Reeves, FYI, is bi too. Freedom of speech and all that crap aside, why make yourself look so objectionable to an average person?

So, if someone ask you is it a band been like this before, your answer is yes.

Am not sure what you mean by this…

like the hardcore rock stuff - despise the hardcore rap stuff. prefer rap with a rock beat - at least its bearable then.

//looking to go to warped tour in chicago. ne takers? :smiley:

Cypress Hill ( So , you wanna be a rock superstar !? Live large !? , 5 cars !? )
Wu Tan Clan
System Of A Down
Rage Against tha Machine
Korn
Osdorp Posse
and many many many others.

hey, belv.: no “big house”? :bigsmile:

Originally posted by cico
hey, belv.: no “big house”? :bigsmile:

Can’t trust nobody , gotta look over your shoulder constantly :slight_smile:

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
I like System of a Down and Rage Against the Machine…what can I say, I’m a sucker for bands with an agenda.

too bad systems agenda is a lost cause… nuff said

do you like the rock or the rap version better, belv?

Originally posted by ckin2001
do you like the rock or the rap version better, belv?

There’s two of them ? :slight_smile: I’ve seen the videoclip and i quite like that version. Always been fond of Cypress Hill.
It’s a nice combination of rap and rock. I’ve got a nice cd of two dutch groups who also bring rap and metal a little closer together (Osdorp Posse + Nembrionic Hammerdeath : Briljant , Hard en Geslepen , which means something like Brilliant , Rough and Cunning).

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
Osdorp Posse + Nembrionic Hammerdeath : Briljant , Hard en Geslepen

Heard that one yesterday, quite good!

If you say that Korn, System of a down etc etc are hardcore metal bands, then I say… yes I like’em

@badreligionpr: I agree on the slipknot thing; they are quite sick guys that only made one real good song (wait and bleed) and they do pathetic things to attract attention. Marilyn Manson isn’t one of these dumbo’s however, as he exactly know what he is doing, and why… he wants to shock people (in a kind of mild way) and let them think about certain things… and yes, he’s good with that!

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
[B]

???

[/B]

So you like hard rock music, and not boy bands right? :slight_smile:

True, but it’s not their whole act.

Ok, got the point. (after listen to several track of them)

That’s not rock, that’s crap. Rock is bands like the Rolling Stones and Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica (though less so in recent years). Sure they do a lot of crazy things, but they have style and talent. Slipknot has none of that.

This is the another type of rock, first started by Nirvana. Slipknot screamed inside their song, sure they have purposes, and with other same genre of bands. First, they have people who like to listen to that (dark, disturbances, sex, violence, scares, hate, paralized…)Second, some movie or scenes need these music. Some movies will become great with these song(like Resident Evil, Spiderman, and so on) plays in the part of the movie, with increase mood and imagination. So Slipknot and others are talented in this kind of stuff. We can’t compare them to the band you mentioned. What i know with Metallica is they started the heavy part of todays rock. They rulez in old days. Any one listened their new album? :wink:

As for don’t give a shit and crazy stuff, this is inside their music and lyrics only. i dont know wheter they act like that in their normal life, if so, they’ll get caught and will be punished like normal people.

Originally posted by xox
[B]
OK - got your point. Eminem and Run DMC is OK for me too.

[/B]

Good choice. Me too. The crazy eminem is ultra-talented. It is rare in these days that appear one man like this.

Originally posted by xox
I don’t see how his act and make up especially are justified because of their sexual preference. Keanu Reeves, FYI, is bi too. Freedom of speech and all that crap aside, why make yourself look so objectionable to an average person?

Ok,ok :rolleyes:

Am not sure what you mean by this… [/B]

Just think of there’s a band like them on earth! I wonder there some more at other planet?
:bigsmile:

Originally posted by cobra88
Project Pat , Three 6 Mafia , mobb deep , Trick daddy and any other BASS music .:cool: :cool: :cool:

i dont know all of them. Are they rappers? what type is their music?

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
Cypress Hill ( So , you wanna be a rock superstar !? Live large !? , 5 cars !? )
Wu Tan Clan
System Of A Down
Rage Against tha Machine
Korn
Osdorp Posse
and many many many others.

“do you know who you f***ing with, huh? This is Cypress hill soul assasins! you f***ing piece of shit, I’ll f***ing spit on you, puhhhh! F***ing piece of shit!!” <another victory>

Osdorp Posse? i dont know them, how’s the music?

:smiley: