Any good free Blu-Ray playing software for windows box?

Please forgive me if I failed to find an existing topic on this.

I am looking for recommendations for freeware or shareware that will allow me to watch blu-ray discs on a Win 7 64 machine.

I have a blu-ray drive in the machine already, and I have blu-ray copy/ripping software, so I don’t need that.

Most of my blu-ray watching will be on my panny plasma through a regular blu-ray player, but it would be nice to have the capability to watch a blu-ray disc on the PC from time to time. Not enough of a priority to spend $ on.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and recommendations!

[QUOTE=Emoto;2610624]Please forgive me if I failed to find an existing topic on this.

I am looking for recommendations for freeware or shareware that will allow me to watch blu-ray discs on a Win 7 64 machine.

I have a blu-ray drive in the machine already, and I have blu-ray copy/ripping software, so I don’t need that.

Most of my blu-ray watching will be on my panny plasma through a regular blu-ray player, but it would be nice to have the capability to watch a blu-ray disc on the PC from time to time. Not enough of a priority to spend $ on.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and recommendations![/QUOTE] Not sure but I think The VLC Media Player plays Bluray on the PC, its freeware.

There isn’t any free software that can utilize the menus included on blu ray disks. This makes it difficult to select certain parts, especially extras.

There are a few free programs that can play the main movie for you. Using Media Player Classic or VLC, you can navigate to the largest m2ts file in the blu ray movie and play the main movie. Sometimes the main movie is split into many m2ts files however, in a structure known as seamless branching, making either of these programs a less than optimal way of playing blu ray.

Using Media Player Classic HomeCinema, you can click on File—>Open DVD and it will play the main movie of the blu ray that way. This is the program I recommend if you want to use a free one. http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

Plain old WMP (at least 11 and 12) will also play decrypted M2TS files off a BD.

Ah, you’re right, CDan. I should have mentioned decrypting the disks first. I play from mounted ISO files, which have already been decrypted. Playing straight from the disks doesn’t seem to work with the free programs unless you run AnyDVD HD or DVDFab Passkey for Blu Ray in the background.

I Like ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre:)