Any firmware improve Nec2500s Readablilty

vbimport

Having burnt a disc which according to my drive the files are corrupt. Yet played perfectly on a friends DVD.
And it not being able to read some magazine cover dvd’s. These are brand new and sealed yet play on my work DVD but again worked fine on a friends dvd.

Wondering if there is any firmware out there that might improve it otherwise it looks like it may have to go back and i will have to exchange it for a pioneer.

Don’t have room in my pc for a dvd reader as well. So need something that can read the discs that i burn, don’t want to back up my data then find i can’t read it back on my pc!

Unfortunately, I have not heard of any of the firmwares improving the reading abilities of the 2500A. (yet)

I’m assuming you have fw 1.06, there are 2 versions of 1.06
Which build date are you using? (DVDInfoPro shows you the build date in the ‘extra info’ field)
I would recommend version 1062003121900

Firmware does not fix hardware issues, it’s a defective drive. I would exchange it for another 2500.

Originally posted by wesociety
[B]Unfortunately, I have not heard of any of the firmwares improving the reading abilities of the 2500A. (yet)

I’m assuming you have fw 1.06, there are 2 versions of 1.06
Which build date are you using? (DVDInfoPro shows you the build date in the ‘extra info’ field)
I would recommend version 1062003121900 [/B]

Mine just shows 03121900 it doesn’t have 10620 ?

Thats the older (better) version of the 1.06 firmware !

Best wishes

Prema

Dunno just know its the dangerous brothers hacked one, think i d/l’d the latest one.

Would it better to use the non hacked one?