Any experience of Micro Orbit CD duplicators?

I’m the engineer for a Talking Newspaper for the blind and we duplicate 70 plus CDs a week.

We are looking for a RELIABLE automated CD duplicator and have been offered a Microboards MicroOrbit 50 Disc Auto CD Duplicator.

Anyone got any experience of one or care to recommend any other model?

For obvious reasons we don’t need to print anything on the disks!

Many thanks in advance

Skipper

[QUOTE=747skipper;2193503]I’m the engineer for a Talking Newspaper for the blind and we duplicate 70 plus CDs a week.

We are looking for a RELIABLE automated CD duplicator and have been offered a Microboards MicroOrbit 50 Disc Auto CD Duplicator.

Anyone got any experience of one or care to recommend any other model?

For obvious reasons we don’t need to print anything on the disks!

Many thanks in advance

Skipper[/QUOTE]

skipper -

Heh. Yes, quite a bit, though not usually as a standalone duplicator…though I have a few of those too.

Microboards did a customized run of these for Kodak, for use with their Kodak Picture Maker kiosks (g3 or g4, I think), where they served as a 50-disc Photo CD dispenser/writer hooked up to the main kiosk unit. For Kodak, the duplication controller was removed and the robot & cd-r drive interfaces were bridged to USB so that the kiosk could control the data written and activate the robotics.

They’re a little bit finicky to load, but once you practice a bit, you get it. I use the Kodak versions for bulk CD ripping and it’s generally problem free, as long as you load the discs right and the unit wasn’t mistreated.

-brendan