Any ETA on BluRay support?

vbimport

I know I’ve read many posts saying the Author is working on Blu-ray support but was wondering if anyone had heard of a possible ETA on it? I would really like to find a good program that will let me do all the work to convert my BR discs to standard DVD’s with a single app instead of using several apps and this one sounds like it might do the trick at some point

[QUOTE=TheBratboy;2184713]I know I’ve read many posts saying the Author is working on Blu-ray support but was wondering if anyone had heard of a possible ETA on it? I would really like to find a good program that will let me do all the work to convert my BR discs to standard DVD’s with a single app instead of using several apps and this one sounds like it might do the trick at some point[/QUOTE]

Don’t hold your breath waiting for this one.

Even our esteemed competitor (the one with the red animal logo) has added an exit routine to their program if it can’t handle the BR protection.

The buying public, who finance all these new technology items, aren’t flocking to buy BR yet either - a consideration that has to be in the back of Fengtao’s mind, as these same public may also be willing to shell out real money for his program to copy their own BR films, and with few buying the hardware, there are fewer still to buy his software - he’s probably waiting to see which way the market goes, to see whether it’s worth his while to do a BR version.

Not sure about your reason for wanting it either - as far as I understand, it will, if released, copy a BR disc to a BR blank - not a standard DVD - you’ll still be stuck doing what you do now…

Something to think about…

O’C

:iagree:

I’m sure if DVDfab was to support Blu ray there will be a post saying that for all members to read but Blu ray will be gone in 2012 as that is what they predict anyways.

Just off the topic a little but Anydvd currently support BD media. You just have to use Img Burn to burn the image back to BD media.

[quote=coolcolors;2185177]Just off the topic a little but Anydvd currently support BD media. You just have to use Img Burn to burn the image back to BD media.[/quote changed mind

:rolleyes:[quote=Jimbo;2185383][quote=coolcolors;2185177]Just off the topic a little but Anydvd currently support BD media. You just have to use Img Burn to burn the image back to BD media.[/quote changed mind[/quote]
Yeah but not what I expected from a CDFreaks Resident :rolleyes:

Yeah but not what I expected from a CDFreaks Resident :rolleyes:[/quote] Heres what I changed my mind about my good friend
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/sub-forum-fengtao-software-only-242474/ forgot I am Mr. Nice Guy Now :iagree::iagree::iagree::cool::cool::cool::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=TheBratboy;2184713] I would really like to find a good program that will let me do all the work to convert my BR discs to standard DVD’s [/QUOTE]

why ???

if you only want standard dvd quality then only buy standard dvd in the first place.

if you like blu ray enhanced quality, why seek to destroy it by compressing the movies back to standard

[QUOTE=cybmole;2185687]why ???

if you only want standard dvd quality then only buy standard dvd in the first place.

if you like blu ray enhanced quality, why seek to destroy it by compressing the movies back to standard[/QUOTE]

I’m always a bit baffled at people replying as you have.

I own 1 BD player and yet I have multiple SD DVD players in the household. So, I buy a movie on BD for the better quality and extras and I can watch it on my single BD player. Alas, I also have numerous other people in the house who also wish to watch the movie but they aren’t trustworthy and aren’t allowed to actually touch the BD disc nor do they care about the amazing BD experience. So, I rip the movie and then compress to a DVD9 disc which can be watched on any of the DVD players in my househould. I own the original BD disc, I own all the players in the household, and the copy is never leaving my house. Fair Use.

It would be utterly illogical to reverse this and buy a SD DVD release and then up-convert for my BD player? That just makes no sense.

So, there is one very simple answer as to why someone would seek to destroy the enhanced quality. I also have to say that I believe a BD original that is down-converted as a movie-only backup on a DVD-9 disc can actually have a higher bitrate than the original commercially pressed DVD-9 release because the BD to DVD backup doesn’t contain the extra fluff and wasted space including extra audio tracks and whatnot.

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2185702]I’m always a bit baffled at people replying as you have.

I own 1 BD player and yet I have multiple SD DVD players in the household. So, I buy a movie on BD for the better quality and extras and I can watch it on my single BD player. Alas, I also have numerous other people in the house who also wish to watch the movie but they aren’t trustworthy and aren’t allowed to actually touch the BD disc nor do they care about the amazing BD experience. .[/QUOTE]

OK sorry- that makes sense - personally In your shoes I’d allow myself to acquire a standard DVD , or a rip, & copy it by methods that we can’t mention here, on the grounds that you’ve already paid once.

or petition Sony to bundle a standard DVD version with every blu ray version sold :slight_smile:

I both agree and disagree with DrinkLye…

A BR reduced to a std. DVD-9 would indeed probably have a higher bitrate than a film mastered as a DVD-9, but that advantage would be lost on a BR reduced and played back on a std. DVD player & shown on a std def. TV.

Not so sure the advantage would be visible on a BR reduced to std DVD-9 and played back on a std def DVD player and a HD TV.

Besides… some of the films I’ve watched I’ve found the extras to be more entertaining than the film itself… would be a shame for those extras to be lost on a down-conversion…

O’C

:iagree:

[QUOTE=GJ;2184962]I’m sure if DVDfab was to support Blu ray there will be a post saying that for all members to read but Blu ray will be gone in 2012 as that is what they predict anyways.[/QUOTE]

i doubt it will be gone by 2012…maybe regular dvd’s will…but not blurays