Any dvd

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SLYSOFT SOFTWARE,IT IS FANTASTIC AND EASY TO USE,BUT I HAVE NOTICED THAT LIVE VIDEOS LIKE ROCK CONCERT DVDS SEEM TO COME OUT BLURRY IF THEY ZOOM IN TO THE STAGE IT IS PRETTY CLEAR BUT FROM A DISTANCE IT IS MILKY, IS THERE A SETTING IN THE PROGRAM TO CORECT THIS PROBLEM…ONCE AGAIN THIS IS THE BEST SOFTWARE IVE USED ALL HELP WOULD BE FANTASTIC THANKS AIRPLANE1

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Please check your caps lock key: typing all in capitals is considered as shouting, and can be annoying for people :wink:

Regarding AnyDVD, it is not changing in any way the video (except for removing all the crap introduced by some copy-protections).

Did you use some software to compress the video? Did you check the original disc to see if the same issue is present?

geno888 thank you for your reply,i am sorry if i offended anyone with caps. anyway thanks for your follow up the dvds were clear videos i made sure nothing extra was running in back ground and seems to have helped clear up some of problem thanks again to all airplane1 if anyone has more suggestions i would like to here from you

You do not make it clear whether you are just viewing a store bought video or a dvd back-up that was copied to disc using burning software with AnyDvd. If it was a back-up was it DVD5 or double layer? Obviously if you compressed and copied to a DVD5, it’s not going to be as good as the original in many cases.

:iagree:thanks ricoman for your reply the dvd was a store bought and i wanted to make a copy for a friend i did use dvd5 to copy what are the diffrence in settings? im a novice when it comes to computers…once again thanks to all that lent an ear to my problem airplane1:iagree:

my suggestion would be to get dvdshrink and reauthor the dvd. just take the main title removing the menus and extras this will give you the best quality.

[QUOTE=airplane1;2460277]:iagree:thanks ricoman for your reply the dvd was a store bought and i wanted to make a copy for a friend i did use dvd5 to copy what are the diffrence in settings? im a novice when it comes to computers…once again thanks to all that lent an ear to my problem airplane1:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Is that dvd5 the program or the media size-that’s the part I don’t get??? Cause Anydvd will Rip or Decrypt only and you have to use another program to do the copying. Usually a blurry copy is from overcompressing and not keeping the size from original media format. This I know I tried it going from DVD9 to DVD5-it’s live able and watchable still. Also what version of Anydvd are you using?

[QUOTE=airplane1;2460277]:iagree:thanks ricoman for your reply the dvd was a store bought and i wanted to make a copy for a friend i did use dvd5 to copy what are the diffrence in settings? im a novice when it comes to computers…once again thanks to all that lent an ear to my problem airplane1:iagree:[/QUOTE]
First of all, don’t ever say that you are making a copy for a friend. This is illegal and frowned upon on most forums, you can be banned and/or people will refuse to help you. It’s OK to make a back-up for yourself to preserve the original [I][B]store bought[/B][/I] dvd (no rentals). If you’re a real novice and can’t afford CloneDVD2 (highly recommended), try DVDFabDecrypter free version:
http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm, choose movie only and DVD5 for your output. I believe it compresses too.
DVD5 is a regular dvd that holds approx. 4.5 gb, most movie only selections will fit on this with little or no compression if it is under 2 hrs. DVD9 is a dual layer disc and should fit most dvds with the extras with no compression. Up to approx. 75% compression will look pretty good on a 50" tv, any more than that will be noticeably softer, but still watchable.