Any DVD will not rip Crank to hard drive correct

vbimport

FYI,

Tried ripping Crank to hard drive using Any DVD v6.1.02 and DVD Shrink still gets error ~50% through the analysis. Have to process with VOB Blanker to fix.

:disagree:

Worked great for me although I used the best copy program with AnyDVD 6.1.0.2, 1CLICK DVDCOPY had no issues as always!
Luvs Jenni :flower:

Thread moved to appropriate forum.

What forum was it moved to?

From CD & DVD Copy Protection to AnyDVD :wink:

Did you try just using a software program with AnyDVD running to rip it to your HD. Something like CloneDVD2 or any other?

Yes I first tried DVD Decrypter with AnyDVD and Shrink gave me the out of memory error as soon as it started to read the files. So I tried just ripping it to the hard drive using the built-in ripper from AnyDVD, and as I said Shrink got ~50% through the analysis. I then took the origonal files copyed to my hard drive from DVD Decrypter and processed them with VOB Blaker. The processed files worked just fine with Shrink and I burned the DVD with no problems.

Thanks.

worked for me, just dragged and dropped the VIDEO and AUDIO TS folders to my HDD.

You just dragged aand droped them from the DVD with out any ripper? I will have to try that.

Thanks

As always, I can only suggest to use elby CloneDVD (with AnyDVD running) to rip.

1. The best way to rip using Anydvd is to use Clonedvd2. If you can’t or are not willing to do that, this is how you rip using Anydvd:

2. With the latest version of Anydvd running, drag and drop the video_ts folder to your desktop using Windows Explorer. Alternatively, you don’t need to rip at all and can just directly import the disc into whatever burning application you want, provided Anydvd is running in the background. You don’t necessarily need to rip first at all. Not having to rip first at all is one major advantage of using Anydvd.

3. If you can’t get what you want using #1 and #2 first, then you right click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select rip video-dvd to hard disk–but only if methods 1 and 2 fail first. This method uses an old version of FixVTS, which is often not required.

Should just make a sticky of this. Instead of having to repeat it in almost every ripping thread.

what region disk do you have?
Crank R1 hasn’t come out
still a few days to go
if you would read the new poster sticky and also post your AD info window that may help us help you.
Thanks

Where is this? A newbie may need link and/or directions.

I believe zaq means this one:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=182650

Tru, thanks,
Sometimes we oldies presume too much knowledge of newbies, so your link should be helpful to OP.

It was recommended to use another ripper (elbyCloneDVD) with AnyDvd in version 6.1.0.0. This problem was anticipated:

AnyDVD version history / changelog

6.1.0.2 2007 01 04

• New: Added display of drive manufacturer, type and revision to AnyDVD status window
  • New: Added support for HD-DVD booktype to AnyDVD status window
  • New: Added correct display of HD-DVD layers and capacity to AnyDVD status window
  • Fix: Another Bug introduced in 6.1.0.0, Macrovision RipGuard was still not removed correctly in some rare situations

6.1.0.1 2007 01 02

• Fix: Bug introduced in 6.1.0.0, Macrovision RipGuard was not removed correctly

6.1.0.0 2006 12 26

• New: Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection to the option to remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
  • Fix: Very small Arccos protected titles were not treated correctly
  • Fix: “Too many Navpacks” error with AnyDVD ripper
  • Note: It is recommended to use elby CloneDVD to rip instead of the AnyDVD ripper, even if you prefer to use another program to compress and/or burn (Set elby CloneDVD to DL burning and copy files to harddisk). elby CloneDVD is available at http://www.slysoft.com
  • Some minor fixes and improvements

coodbe,
i dont understand.
How does this apply to a new release such as Crank?

I think a sticky is always found at the begining or top of a forum or subforum.
I think this level of awareness is not newbie or oldie dependent.
If a person can find this subforum, they can certainly see the the loads of info posted in the sticky headers

Tru
thanks for the link
I was feeling a bit lazy and tired at that time and thought also the mention of “sticky” might encourage the OP to read some of the other stickys too
CIAO

Just assuming/guessing
the OP may have a non-R1 disk and it may contain some new protection
but until OP posts more info will be hard to help

Why do you need to rip it to the hard drive first? I thought the pupose of Anydvd is to eliminate ripping to hard drive first. I just encode the disc with Dvd Shrink while running Anydvd in the backround then burn.