Any DVD removal

vbimport

Howdy everyone and Happy New Year,

This christmas we got my nephew a “new-to-him” computer and wanted to install AnyDVD on it for him. We figured that after the 21 day trial he could decide if he wanted to keep it and pay the $50+ dollars or not.

Unfortunatly the previous owner had used anydvd before and we can not get all of the software off. I had to go in and use my old school DOS knowledge to finally remove the program and then went through the reg and deleted all slysoft found there. We installed the new AnyDVD but still get the expired notice. What am I forgeting to delete?

Thanks all

Since the computer is “new to him” just reformat it to “just like new” and you will be all set.

[quote=sloweddi;2188301]Howdy everyone and Happy New Year,

This christmas we got my nephew a “new-to-him” computer and wanted to install AnyDVD on it for him. We figured that after the 21 day trial he could decide if he wanted to keep it and pay the $50+ dollars or not.

Unfortunatly the previous owner had used anydvd before and we can not get all of the software off. I had to go in and use my old school DOS knowledge to finally remove the program and then went through the reg and deleted all slysoft found there. We installed the new AnyDVD but still get the expired notice. What am I forgeting to delete?

Thanks all[/quote]
The program has a file hiden so that you cannot use the trial period over again, the program is not transferable. You will need to buy the software. There is no way to delete the trial experation. You should try the trial on another computer to see if its what you want, sorry but this is done so people cannot reuse the and abuse the very nice 21 day trial period Or you could do as Jethro said, reformat completely and I am not sure that will work either if your IP address is the same. It should though, Slyosft is very good at giving their customers what they need. As for the 49.00 Euros it cost, you had better buy it before Jan 11th becuase that is the date that a yearly subscrition wil apply.

As of January 1st, 2009, Slysoft will change its update policy from free lifetime updates to an annual subscription fee. All license purchases made before January 1st, 2009 will not be affected by this change; as promised, all licenses purchased before 2009 will still be honoured under Slysoft’s free lifetime update policy.

SlySoft announces this step in advance in order to provide its customers with the choice between the old and new licensing model. Buyers who act quickly can get an additional discount with the current ongoing special promotion.

Until Wednesday, December 31 2008 Sunday, January 11 2009 Slysoft offers a 20% discount on all software products–except upgrades. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of Slysoft’s products, now is the right time to act!

use something else!