Any DVD PAL to NTSC conversion issue

vbimport

I’m in the military and was recently assigned to Belgium…poor me right!? Hey, I’ve done my two tours in Iraq! Time to relax, or so I thought. I purchased a new DVD from their “Walmart” and attempted to play it in my NTSC, region 1 Sony stand alone player. Of course the message came up, something to the fact of “Unable to play DVD due to blah, blah”. So I looked on the box, and sure enough, it’s region 2. I thought, no problem Any DVD with take the region coding off and I’ll be right as rain (cue game show buzzing noise). I’m using blank discs that I brought from the States…not that that really matters, so I would think that once I changed the region on my external DVD burner to 2 so I could at least read the DVD to be copied that Any DVD would do what has to be done so the copied DVD can be played on a stand alone player. Is there any thing that can remove region coding and convert PAL to NTSC? Remember the goal is to play the movie in the stand alone, not on my PC running Any DVD.

Thanks

Sorry, I forgot to post this just in case…

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.1.5)
TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-H653L 0514 1019
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2289392 sectors (4471 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DBEY07
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: PAL
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

AnyDVD does remove region coding but it doesn’t convert from PAL to NTSC format. Nero Recode will.

Thanks “Dr. Who”. I’ll give it go.

[QUOTE=tailsct;1995012]Thanks “Dr. Who”. I’ll give it go.[/QUOTE]

You’ll still need anydvd to decrypt the disc so you know.