Any DVD not detecting DVD Drive

vbimport

After downloading an Any DVD upgrade it stopped detecting my DVD drive. I uninstalled Any DVD and reinstalled like it said to do and it still doesn’t detect my drive. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mark

[QUOTE=MarkHarrison;2547834]After downloading an Any DVD upgrade it stopped detecting my DVD drive. I uninstalled Any DVD and reinstalled like it said to do and it still doesn’t detect my drive. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mark[/QUOTE]

Well can you be more specific as to your system specs? What your posting doesn’t give enough info to know what is happening?? Also what version are you installing of Anydvd??

Don’t know if it will help, but I’d try going to a restore point prior to the installation of this update.

Is " My Computer " detecting your DVD drive ?
Also sometimes this is the Upper/ Lower filter problem. Where deleting those is recommended.

This is what i have when i check the status of AnyDVD.

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive F:!
LITE-ON DVD+RW SOHW-802S UPP6 2004/05/22 12:38

When i check the device manager it shows everything fine. When i put a movie in it plays on windows media player, but audio only, no picture. just a picture of a dvd and case. I don’t know a lot about fixing computer problems or software problems.

Click on the link in my signature that says Microsoft support for optical drives. Follow the instructions at that site, using the FixIt tool.

If that doesn’t help follow the instructions here for removing the upper and lower filters: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht/upperfilters-lowerfilters.htm

i have updated to version 6.7.0 and i have also run the fix tool to remove the upper and lower filters.

Does your “My Computer” look something like this ?
With no DVD inserted

With DVD inserted

In your case it would be drive F: instead of D:

[QUOTE=cholla;2547886]Does your “My Computer” look something like this ?
With no DVD inserted

With DVD inserted

In your case it would be drive F: instead of D:[/QUOTE]
Yes cholla it does.

The reason I asked was to eliminate the Windows OS as the problem.
Do a check yourself in the registry for upper & lower filters.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318
I have Vista HP & my registry only has the LowerFilter for AnyDVD .This has never caused me any problem.
In your post #5 you get this message:

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive F:!

This is what AnyDVD shows when there is no disc in the drive.
Have you tried to detect several discs & get the above message on all of them ? Or is it one specific disc that has the problem ?
Do you have more than one drive that can read a DVD disc ?If so does AnyDVD work with that drive ?
Last give AnyDVD enough time .On a disc it has difficulty with it might take 10 or 15 minuted to read. On a bad enough disc it might not read it at all.

[QUOTE=cholla;2548031]The reason I asked was to eliminate the Windows OS as the problem.
Do a check yourself in the registry for upper & lower filters.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318
I have Vista HP & my registry only has the LowerFilter for AnyDVD .This has never caused me any problem.
In your post #5 you get this message:

This is what AnyDVD shows when there is no disc in the drive.
Have you tried to detect several discs & get the above message on all of them ? Or is it one specific disc that has the problem ?
Do you have more than one drive that can read a DVD disc ?If so does AnyDVD work with that drive ?
Last give AnyDVD enough time .On a disc it has difficulty with it might take 10 or 15 minuted to read. On a bad enough disc it might not read it at all.[/QUOTE]

I uninstalled AnyDVD, CloneDVD, and ITunes and then reinstalled them all. this took care of my problem however Windows Media Player 11 plays the sound but no picture. I rolled that back to version 10 and it does the same thing. Now i don’t know what to do with that. At least i can use the other programs now, i was kinda lost without them.

[QUOTE=MarkHarrison;2548118]I uninstalled AnyDVD, CloneDVD, and ITunes and then reinstalled them all. this took care of my problem however Windows Media Player 11 plays the sound but no picture. I rolled that back to version 10 and it does the same thing. Now i don’t know what to do with that. At least i can use the other programs now, i was kinda lost without them.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a issue with the O/S and its’ drivers and you might need to do a complete reinstall to fix to restore the sounds if you can’t find the drivers or get WMP to work. So you don’t get sound but no picture on what kinda file?