Any dvd media that looks pressed, with silver data side?

usually blank dvd medias have their burning side colored, purple. there are blank cds in difference colors, but dvds only in purple.

when you buy dvd movies or ps2 games the burning sides are silver and shows no burning trace.

Is there blank dvd media out there that is like movie dvds or ps2 dvds with silver burning side and leaves no burning traces (color change upon burning)?

Thanks

[quote=kwongwa;2014951]usually blank dvd medias have their burning side colored, purple. there are blank cds in difference colors, but dvds only in purple.

when you buy dvd movies or ps2 games the burning sides are silver and shows no burning trace.

Is there blank dvd media out there that is like movie dvds or ps2 dvds with silver burning side and leaves no burning traces (color change upon burning)?

Thanks[/quote]
The burning side is purple because it is made with purple dye. I really have not seen any, but they could exist. ?

[QUOTE=kwongwa;2014951]usually blank dvd medias have their burning side colored, purple. there are blank cds in difference colors, but dvds only in purple.

[B]when you buy dvd movies or ps2 games the burning sides[/B] are silver and shows no burning trace.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Useless comparision!

They re PRESSED!

RW’s are sort of silver colored

Title changed, as when I first saw this thread, I thought it was about the AnyDVD software and nearly moved it. :wink:

Well, pressed media is pressed, so I’m pretty sure the whole thing gets burnt in one quick shot and that’s why there’s no sign of a data mark.

Purple dye is used I think because it gives the best results. There are no discs with silver recording sides. I don’t mind how it looks on the bottom so long as it works well.

CD-R had a variety of colours on recording sides because they’re an easier media to manufacture. I think DVDs are too complicated and would be less compatible if there were different colours.