Any dvd hd how to view ripped videos

I have recently ripped a blue rays onto my hardrive, how do I watch this blue rays rip on my computer (for dvds I use vlc media player) I am using XP. Is there software or a conversion that must done to view the video any and all help would be appriciate it. Thanks

You’ll need a version of PowerDVD or WinDVD with blu ray support, or Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater.

I can use the free program Media Player Classic HomeCinema to play back blu ray rips, but I’m not sure what hardware requirements it has. It is also a pain in the behind for playing subtitles.

what do those programs do do they change the file type and do they degrade the quality. I ask this because I have a external media player I hook to my tv and I am wondering if would play through that (mvix media player)

Those programs won’t degrade the video, or change the files in any way. Don’t know if you will be able to use your media player though, since I know nothing about it.

I am amazed you can rip blue ray to your hard drive but don’t have a clue as to playing them. Tell us really where the files came from it will be easier to help.

A friend with a blue ray player on his computer ripped the blue ray with any dvd hd and I got the ripped blue ray from him with a usb flash drive just to see how it would look on my computer or TV (via mvix media player). Why does it seem like there is scarcasim in your responce, I am just looking for help here on this forum

Thank you for your help. Do you know if there is a trial peirod with power dvd or win dvd? Also do you know what file extention these give the file like .meg4 or .vob ? What file extentions are blue ray files? Any help would be appriciated Thanx

aretard
We have a policy here at cdfreaks where we help people with media that they clearly own. Changing formats, ripping to their hard drive, backing up movies for safekeeping…all of these things we can help with and provide advice.

Obtaining blu ray rips from someone else crosses the line here. I understand you simply wanted to test the capabilities of your mvix media player, but the rules of the forum don’t stretch quite far enough to allow us to continue offering help with these files.

PowerDVD and WinDVD have websites showing what they have for downloads, so that will be easy enough for you to find via Google.

[quote=Kerry56;2220453]aretard
We have a policy here at cdfreaks where we help people with media that they clearly own. Changing formats, ripping to their hard drive, backing up movies for safekeeping…all of these things we can help with and provide advice.

Obtaining blu ray rips from someone else crosses the line here. I understand you simply wanted to test the capabilities of your mvix media player, but the rules of the forum don’t stretch quite far enough to allow us to continue offering help with these files.

PowerDVD and WinDVD have websites showing what they have for downloads, so that will be easy enough for you to find via Google.[/quote]

I appriciate this and I do understand exactly what you are saying and what you mean. I own a regitered copy of any dvd hd , I own the movie in question on blue ray, I was just lacking the blue ray drive in my computer this is the reason I had a friend do this ripped copy on his registered copy of any dvd hd. I wanted to test this file that I got from him before I spent the 100 plus $s on a blue ray bay drive for my computer. I feel I have not crossed any boundrys here and do appologise for the confusion. I know what your thinking why would I own any dvd hd with out the bay drive to support it, and as we all know that at the end of the year it was either buy it or pay the yearly membership fee, so i bought it and I am now a life time member. again I am sorry for not including every detail. so would you please continue to help me through my issues before I spend the money on a blue ray drive I may or may not need Thank you

[quote=Kerry56;2220453]
PowerDVD and WinDVD have websites showing what they have for downloads, so that will be easy enough for you to find via Google.[/quote]
Kerry56 already told you what to look for as I just quoted it.

Thanks to all of you that have help point me in the right direction, although I think that with the border line rude and snobish responces I think that it may be because you cant answer the questions I am asking or wont because your dcks. If I was to guess I would say its that your just dcks. Any other questions I may have I will be sure to go to any other site than this one. Cheers, aretard

This thread is closed. Please read the forum rules before posting. Thankyou.:wink: