• New (DVD): Added support for new protections
  • New (Blu-ray): Added option to disable BD-Live
  • New (Blu-ray): Added removal of region locks from menus
  • New (Blu-ray): Added support for new version of the BD+ copy protection
  • Fix (Blu-ray): Playback issues with ArcSoft TMT
  • Fix (Blu-ray): Issues with some titles, e.g. “American Gangster”
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

The update is free for all registered customers, of course.
Just install the new version on top of your current version, regardless which version you have installed:

http://www.slysoft.com/download.html?aid=50042

cool…but looks like they are going BD and forgetting there are still dvd out there and still coming out. Hopefully they didn’t forget this.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2149801]cool…but looks like they are going BD and forgetting there are still dvd out there and still coming out. Hopefully they didn’t forget this.[/QUOTE]
Don’t get paranoid. The last two releases only contained DVD specific fixes/changes. Just because there are more Blu-ray changes doesn’t mean they are forgetting about DVD.

:rolleyes:

I do know that part but paranoid … I haven’t reach that point yet.

Lets hope nobody does :wink:

I was running a licensed copy of AnyDVD 6.4.6.9, I believe. I received a notice that 6.4.7.9 is available for download, which I dutifully downloaded and installed, followed by rebooting my WinXP-Pro/SP3.

However, I continued getting update messages for 6.4.7.9. I just checked AnyDVD’s current version and to my surprise find that it’s 6.4.7.6.!

I’m going to rename my alleged 6.4.7.9 updater to …6.4.7.9.backup.exe and download a new copy of the updater, etc. I’ll post back if I get a different result.

Thanks in Advance for any suggestion you may have,
Richard

P.S. I hope I’m posting this to the AnyDVD forum properly.

That seems like a caching issue where your browser has the old version cached. I’ve seen people with that issue before. Try this link if you’re still having issues.

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6479.exe

What is BD-Live???

Nothing useful. It’s the latest in the Blu-ray spec. It allows for a player to download content from a server. Very similar to HDi on HD DVD’s. I begged Slysoft to add a way to disable BD Live because when Iron Man came out, the morons didn’t initially give us a way to skip downloading the content in order to watch the movie, and the servers got overloaded. So you basically had to sit there and wait until the download was done before you could even get to the menu. The players don’t all have a way to disable it, either. They did manage to learn their lesson and changed it so that the first thing that gets downloaded is a “do you want to download this content” screen, but, even that has to be downloaded first! Idiots.

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;2151516]Nothing useful. It’s the latest in the Blu-ray spec. It allows for a player to download content from a server. Very similar to HDi on HD DVD’s. I begged Slysoft to add a way to disable BD Live because when Iron Man came out, the morons didn’t initially give us a way to skip downloading the content in order to watch the movie, and the servers got overloaded. So you basically had to sit there and wait until the download was done before you could even get to the menu. The players don’t all have a way to disable it, either. They did manage to learn their lesson and changed it so that the first thing that gets downloaded is a “do you want to download this content” screen, but, even that has to be downloaded first! Idiots.[/QUOTE]

That figures…yes those morons want your money even after you buy their BD movie. No wonder sales are down and seems like sony coglumerate is loosing out BD sales seems to be down and still dominated by DVD.

It’s not even about the money so much as control. I wanted control over what content I consume. They didn’t feel it necessary to give me that choice until their server got overloaded and thousands of people complained. Slysoft gives us that control back, so, I’m not worried. :slight_smile:

Figures they do that to us thinking we don’t know how to turn on/off a dvd/bd player… lol… Goes to show you how much they really care about the endusers.

Yea, hopefully they’ll learn from this but I wasn’t hopeful which is why I begged Slysoft for the disable BD Live option. :smiley:

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;2151376]That seems like a caching issue where your browser has the old version cached. I’ve seen people with that issue before. Try this link if you’re still having issues.

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6479.exe[/QUOTE]

I got another offer to update to 6.4.7.9. I went through the drill and, lo, the icon in the system tray indicates I have 6.4.7.9 [I]now.[/I]

Thanks for encouraging me to try again. It’s weird that it took three or four attempts.

Regards,
Richard

I’m glad you got it sorted out.

You seem to be the man to get requests added SamuriHL! How about asking for my much wanted requests?

• Option to remove PUOs from either the IFOs or VOBs
  • Speed up of ripping through the ‘Rip Video DVD to Harddisk’ feature (for DVDs)

:smiley: :wink:

LOL! I’m not sure I had a whole hell of a lot to do with it, actually. :slight_smile: They needed to disable BD Live in order to get region code removal to work on BD Live titles. I simply suggested adding a separate option to allow BD Live disabling even without region code removal. :slight_smile:

As for your requests, they’re not unreasonable. I don’t know if they’d add them or not, tbh. If I asked for the first one they’d laugh at me completely. I don’t do DVD anymore at all. :smiley: The last DVD I bought was well over a year ago at this point. I’ve gone 100% HD in my house.

The second request I already know what they’d say. And you won’t like it. :slight_smile: They’ll say to use CloneDVD which in fact is more optimized than the rip video dvd to harddisk feature in AnyDVD.

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;2152006]The second request I already know what they’d say. And you won’t like it. :slight_smile: They’ll say to use CloneDVD which in fact is more optimized than the rip video dvd to harddisk feature in AnyDVD.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. AnyDVD was never intended to be a ripper. Time-wise the difference between the two is really negligible, anyway, when you are talking about ripping using the AnyDVD ripper versus CloneDVD.

heh, I can always keep trying. The first request is just so I have more control over my DVD backup procedure. At the moment I just disable that feature and add/remove the PUOs manually.

The second, well I know they hate me for asking all the time. But a guy has to try right? The time difference isn’t negligible. Sometimes it can span just a couple of minutes whilst some DVDs can take many more.

I guess I can keep dreaming…

Yea, you can dream. :slight_smile: I’m afraid I won’t be much help on the DVD side of things. I’ve switched to HD and I ain’t going back. :slight_smile: