Any Bitsetting on 4120B?

hi,

may i know any bitsetting for LG drive, i am thinking to get 4120B

and about the DVD-RAM, does it work like HDD? just drag and drop? no need extra software and driver?

any way to get the cheapest DVD-RAM? the video catrigde one should be cheaper than for the computer one right?

thank you

mitodna

From everything I have read, there is no official LG firmware that supports bitsetting of the media to other types like DVD-ROM.

However there was a hacked version (if am correct) to do it, but it has been removed from various sites except those into unofficial mod’ing because LG said it could damage drives.

I really like the 4120b, but I don’t think I could get it if I can’t set media to DVD-ROM and using unofficial firmware is questionable.

No, it is not a hacked version but just a “inside-LG” only version. The firmware was not to be distributed to the public. It was me who leaked it as I admitted to LG. If anyone still wants to get the file, there is no problem getting it as long as nobody blames LG or me for anything that happens with the firmware. Just post here your email and I’ll send it to your email. (But never on PM or any other means.)

As for the “unofficial firmware” being “questionable”, honestly I don’t think it is questionable. I would use it if I had 4120B, but LG did warn against using it, not really because they care much about the users but they want to be safe.

Yes, if you use Windows XP, the OS natively supports DVD-RAM’s drag and drop writing. It is not very fast, but at least it doesn’t need a third-party software for writing.

@Kenshin,can you send me the firmware to pallmall@gmx.de?

thx

It is not very fast, but at least it doesn’t need a third-party software for writing.[/QUOTE]

if you have 3-4 G of office work backed up and you need to replace a few files following the days work it is very fast compared to other DVD backup options.

if you have 3-4 G of office work backed up and you need to replace a few files following the days work it is very fast compared to other DVD backup options.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i agreed, it works flawless with Windows XP Professional, use UDF for larger files

mitodna

Kenshin, thanks for the clarifications.

I thought I had read that some people with Windows 2000 were reading/writing natively, but now I am reading that Win2k needs support (see http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techenthusiast/features/dvdram.asp ). Could someone clarify?

only problem with the noad bitsetting fw is that it doesnt have newer write strategies for newer media. its ok if your only using already supported media…but A102 has newer strategies (abit its a bit buggy with some dvd-r media) so thats the rub. we need a herrie for lg firmware like they do for nec

Hello all fellow,

I am a newbie.

I would like to know the media list for noad bitsetter. Should I assume using the DVDInfoPro to change or any other special procedure ?

Thanks in advance

dont have a list for noad but you dont have to do anything to bitset it automatically does it for you.

Hi Kenshin,

can you please send me a copy of that firmware?

Is there any comparison to the “official” firmware, and are you aware of any disadvantages of the region-setting firmware?

Of course I will try at my own risk and not blame you, I’m just technically interested :slight_smile:

Please mail to J_Rektenwald@gmx.de

Thank you in Advance,

Jackie

Sent.

@all,

Please post here your email address instead of emailing me first. If you email me, you will just be remembered as one spammer rather than get anything from me. You don’t have to type exactly like xxx@yyy.com but just let me recognize it.

@Pallmall68

Also sent to you seven hours ago.

Hi Kenshin,

Might I have a copy of that firmware ? liujoe8@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

I’d also appreciate a copy too if possible. Thanks.

frostedflake887@yahoo.com

Hi Kenshin. Please send me a copy of bitsetting firmware my email is
rockyglw@ntlworld.com
Thanks

nonemail@web.de please

Sent to all.

Hi Kenshin,

thank you very much for sending the firmware.

cu,

Jackie

now i just need to get herrie to show me how to take the noad fw and update the media strategies…then we would be gold. :wink: