Any advide on transfering iphone contacts to itunes?

So here’s the thing, I accidently spilled water on my iphone 4, although it has been fixed, it still get kind of “unstable”, sometimes it just suddenly shut itself down.
Since iphone 5 is coming soon, I think I’ll wait till then to get a new one.However, I have a pile of important contacts saved on my watered iphone 4 and I’m so afraid that they’ll be gone with the damaged phone right before I could get a new one. But if I can copy these contacts to itunes, then next time I’ll be able to transfer them to the new iphone,right? Or just copy to computer? Any difference?
Anyway, I just want the contacts to be backuped, any good idea? I use Dell PC with Win 7 system.I don’t mind if I have to pay for a tool but it would be the best if there’s a free and easy way.Help me please!!

iTunes attempts to sync contacts–that is, iTunes attempts to back them up and sync them with a service if you set it up. You can set iTunes up to sync with, say, iCloud (Apple’s cloud service) or Google. iTunes would remember this and offer it as an option when you set up your next device.

Actually, if you are one of the many who infrequently or never syncs his/her iPhone, there’s a benefit to syncing with iTunes: it will save a partial snapshot of your entire phone at this current point containing everything you choose to sync. If you get a new device, it will allow you to sync most of your data as it was, and will remember what music/other media you had set up to sync. It doesn’t back up every time you sync, but if you were to ever tell iTunes to restore your device, it would likely force a backup, which you would see going on in iTunes status bar.

Hi youtuy and welcome to MyCE,

like Albert says, iTunes usually creates backups of your phone once it’s connected to your PC, you are also able to start a manual backup if you like. So you are able to restore the complete content of the phone (contacts, mail, apps, music, sms,…) on every other iPhone you get.

You can also change the settings in iTunes to sync the contacts with MS Outlook or Windows contacts, so you can also edit your contacts directly on your pc. With this method you’ll also be able to transfer your contacts to any other phone which is able to sync contacts this way.

more information on this topic can be found on the apple website here

wi-fi syncing over your home network is also possible, so you don’t have to connect your phone to the pc every time you want to sync. You just have to set it up once. Starting from this point the phone will sync automatically when it’s plugged to power and it detects the pc with open iTunes in the network.

more information about syncing can be found here