Antivirus

How do you get rid of a program AV360 which keeps blocking my use of internet unless I pay for what I don’t want?

[QUOTE=papaj1;2239968]How do you get rid of a program AV360 which keeps blocking my use of internet unless I pay for what I don’t want?[/QUOTE]
http://www.wiki-security.com/wiki/ov_Parasite/Antivirus360

Malwarebytes works pretty good at removing things like this

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512587.aspx

My sisters machine had that damned thing try to get in here as well. I think she was looking at her book club site or something equally non threatening and all of a sudden all these pops started saying she had TONS of infections… I was right there so I played with it till I was able to close it then went into task manger and killed it’s process and looked around for the file and deleted it.
I then updated her Kaspersky Internet security that was out of date and scanned the whole machine, it found no trace of it and I trust it to find things.
I think we got lucky because I was right there when it hit and kept not letting it install or set cookies till I found and stopped it’s process. I got hit several years ago by a thing called Spy Fox and my security program never saw it and it took me 2 weeks to finally root out all of it’s hidden installs and encrypted hiding places, probably the very same guys did it as well.
Get a good anti virus and maybe scan in safe mode, BUT you might have to burn it down and start over unless you want to possibly spend weeks finding remnants all over every one of your drives like I did with the previous version.:a Good luck, you’ll need it…

SpyBot search and destroy is free and MIGHT kill that thing by the way. http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

QUOTE=Dartman;2240298 I got hit several years ago by a thing called Spy Fox and my security program never saw it and it took me 2 weeks to finally root out all of it’s hidden installs and encrypted hiding places, probably the very same guys did it as well.(…)[/QUOTE]Not using a user account with administrative permissions is an excellent preventive countermeasure. Better protection than any “security” software.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2240388][B]Not using a user account with administrative permissions is an excellent preventive [/B]countermeasure. Better protection than any “security” software.

Michael[/QUOTE]

So true, I myself run my system has administrator at all times but have it set up so that any system changes requires my fingerprint :bigsmile: you can’t even get into BIOS without it :slight_smile:

Very true, i just had XP the way I wanted it and ended up using the admin account as mine which was not so good but that’s the way it worked out.
I’ll never use Norton Internet Security again, it never even saw it come in, and I think it did piggy back on a codec download or something like that from a legit site.
Using Kaspersky now and it’s set to tell me when anything tries to sneak in, phone home, other crap like that, kinda a bother sometimes but nothings gotten through that it didn’t find and kill immediately or after a reboot. Also have the security set so it requires a password to change anything as far as turning it off or changing settings. Nortons used to get shut down easily by many bugs.