Antigua plans to sell US copyright protected material

vbimport

I just posted the article Antigua plans to sell US copyright protected material.

[quote][/quote]

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/antigua-plans-to-sell-us-copyright-protected-material-65836/](http://www.myce.com/news/antigua-plans-to-sell-us-copyright-protected-material-65836/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I don’t know what to do about the copyrights . Maybe if the MPAA, RIAA , etc. want to pay the US military to do a blockade .As a tax payer I don’t want to pay for it.
On the gambling I had an idea that I think would stop it without Internet blocking.
Make it legal to cancel any payment by credit card to any gambling business outside the US. With no crecid repercusions. Any law suit automatically denied . Same for any stop payment on a check from a bank. I guess people that were die hard could open an out of the country bank account. If they want to lose their money that bad let them

If the US government doesn’t want to give Antigua this option, they shouldn’t have screwed this country in the first place. Good job, my fellow representatives.

Going by this follow up TorrentFreak article their pirate site is now authorised and from a quick check, they have a linking site that effectively works like BinSearch. At the moment, I don’t see this being much more of a threat than other linking sites.

However, if Antigua starts their own FileLocker service, which would effectively be immune to DMCA takedowns for US copyright content, it will be interesting to see what happens next…

Since Slysoft, the company responsible for AnyDVD HD, CloneDVD2, CloneCD, etc. is also based in Antigua, this little country is already giving the US Government and the MPAA/RIAA groups the middle finger already with allowing the many people (like myself) that can legally back up my legally purchased Blu-ray discs, DVDs, and CDs without going through a bunch of hoops that they want you to do (buy a new copy of a Blu-ray disc/DVD/CD when that disc gets scratched or damaged) giving them more $$$ in the process.

Once I back up my media, I put it away, so that decreases the chances of it getting damaged, making it less likely I’ll buy a replacement disc, making the MPAA and RIAA lose $$$ off of what they would’ve charged me to purchase another one of their products.

I hope Antigua wins this one as well.