Anti Virus Comparatives

http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse_2007_11.php
seems like Avira is doing VERY well (i’m using it haha)
kaspersky did pretty bad…same goes for norton and mcafee

nod32 and avira looks like the best choices lol for the on demand tests its alot closer though

Maybe this will help others out there, I use AVG Anti-virus and Firewall freeware.

The Shield Deluxe
CA
BitDefender
Norton
Kaspersky
NOD 32
Panda
TrendMicro
McAfee

More Anti-Virus Software

Stop-Sign
PC Tools
Protector Plus
ICQure
Rising AntiVirus

First Name Please enter your first name.

Last Name Please enter your last name

Email Address Please enter your email address Please enter a correct email address

I agree to the Privacy Policy

Other Anti-Virus Software Links

Disclaimer
Review Guidelines
Site Map
Guarantee Rules
Press Releases

Anti-Virus Software Articles

Anti-Virus Software
Anti-Virus Action
Vista Security
Virus Truths
Vista Compatibile
Virus Removal
What is Antivirus?
Avoiding Viruses
How viruses spread
What are viruses?

The Shield Deluxe 6StarReviews stands behind the products and services it recommends and offers you a 100% Double Guarantee on your purchase of The Shield Deluxe through the 6StarReviews website.

If at anytime within the first 30 days of your purchase you are not completely satisfied with The Shield Deluxe, they will issue you a refund on your purchase when you contact them. If The Shield Deluxe does not issue you a refund, 6StarReviews will. It is that simple!

That is 6StarReviews Double Guarantee!

Go To The Shield Deluxe!

Top Rated $29.99 view
CA 6StarReviews stands behind the products and services it recommends and offers you a 100% Double Guarantee on your purchase of CA Anti-Virus through the 6StarReviews website.

If at anytime within the first 30 days of your purchase you are not completely satisfied with CA Anti-Virus, they will issue you a refund on your purchase when you contact them. If CA Anti-Virus does not issue you a refund, 6StarReviews will. It is that simple!

Go To CA Anti-Virus!

Most Popular $39.99 view
BitDefender $24.95 view
Norton $29.99 view
Kaspersky $59.95 view
NOD 32 $39.99 view
Panda $29.95 view
TrendMicro 6StarReviews stands behind the products and services it recommends and offers you a 100% Double Guarantee on your purchase of Trend Micro PC-cillin through the 6StarReviews website.

If at anytime within the first 30 days of your purchase you are not completely satisfied with Trend Micro PC-cillin, they will issue you a refund on your purchase when you contact them. If Trend Micro PC-cillin does not issue you a refund, 6StarReviews will. It is that simple!

Go To Trend Micro PC-cillin!
$39.95 view
McAfee $39.99 view

Anti-Virus Software Article
Anti-Virus for Back to School
As parents, college students and kids alike prepare for the back-to-school season, there are plenty of things on everyone’s minds. While university enrollees prepare to throw down hundreds on college textbooks, younger students are getting their school supplies lists from new teachers. However, there is one item that should be on every new school year list: anti-virus software.

These days, most every student uses a computer for homework, research and we cannot forget about games and music downloads. Using a …

Read More

Top Rated Anti-Virus Software
The Shield Deluxe [ Rate This Review ] Overall Review:
The Shield Deluxe 2008 is a simple to use anti-virus software and anti-spyware program. Right from the beginning, we saw how painless it was to to download, install and use.

The Shield Deluxe anti-virus software comes with an installation utility that detects remnants of previously installed anti-virus software, weeding them out before the download begins. The Shield Deluxe 2008 has automatic updates and weekly virus scans are all pre-scheduled. As we like to say, it’s an “install and forget” product.

Shield Deluxe Highlights:

Protection from both virus attacks and spyware
Low cost - $29.99 for the complete anti-virus software package for 6Star Review Readers

Free technical support - phone, live chat and email

Vista Compatible
The interface on this software program is very intuitive, splitting various components of the program up in an easy-to-scan format. The program was rather “light” on our computer and did not take up significant resources or slow down any other programs.

The Shield Deluxe 2008 anti-virus software wins our Top Rated spot with a 5.5 Star Rating for its overall ease of use and low price. Their free technical support was just icing on the cake. How nice it was to speak to a real human on a technical support line when automated systems are typically the norm!

Go To The Shield Deluxe | Complete Review | Customer Reviews | Email This Review

Most Popular Anti-Virus Software
CA [ Rate This Review ] Overall Review:
We tend to start reviews of anti-virus software early in the morning, so this AM I clicked the download link and started the installation process of CA anti-virus software, a moment later I dug through my emails and found the keycode that was sent to me and entered that in and then clicked “okay”. At that point I decided I was going to need a little more coffee to focus on this. I came back a few minutes later prepared to complete the installation and checkout the product. I see I am half way through a complete system scan! Did I miss something? I have done nothing at this point other than enter the keycodes and we are half way through a virus scan (and a cup of coffee)! Great install process so I am going into this review with a very positive attitude.

CA Anti-virus 2008 has such a nice, clean interface with what seems to be a very high “install and forget rating”. There is no overload of information and choices on the interface which is good. Clean and simple, the way anti-virus software should be! CA Anti-virus’s main software component runs at less than 13mb RAM which is pretty light and my overall system scan was pretty fast.

CA offers free online chat services for support! However, if you are having problems, like McAfee and Norton anti-virus, get ready to pull out your pocket books. CA anti-virus software is a wonderful virus protection product and deserving of 5.0 Stars!

Go To CA | Complete Review | Customer Reviews | Email This Review

Anti-Virus Software Reviews

BitDefender [ Rate This Review ] Overall Review:
Bit Defender Antivirus 2008 is a great “install and forget about it for a year anti-virus software product”. At $24.95 this is one of the best anti-virus software values on the market today. Virus updates can be done manually or are preset for your convenience. Virus scans are fast and effective and easy drag and drop if you want to scan specific files … along with nice reporting after virus scanning.
Bit Defender Antivirus 2008 anti-virus software comes with a lot of bells and whistles, some of which can be annoying but can easily be turned off. Various notifications via popups and email tell you that BitDefender anti-virus software has found a virus. We found it a little overkill but again, you can simply go into settings and turn those components off (last year we commented that you never knew the product was working, so this is a dramatic change in our opinion). We like the new and improved, yet simple-to-browse BitDefender website.

This year BitDefender anti-virus software has included a Rootkit Detection software which is an “up and coming” threat and it is also Vista Compatible. We really like BitDefender it has earned its 5.0 Star Rating.

Go To BitDefender | Complete Review | Customer Reviews | Email This Review

Norton [ Rate This Review ] Overall Review:
Norton Anti-Virus Software 2008 is by far the most well known anti-virus software, so if you are looking for a name brand you’ve found it. We had to take a look at the newest version, and we’re glad we did!

Right off the bat, we noticed how much quicker our system ran, even during scan times. Norton Anti-virus 2008 will make it very clear that it has detected a virus. However, we would have liked to see a little more in the area of customization. We weren’t given the option of scanning ‘recently modified files’ if we didn’t want a full system scan. Still, we realize it’s ‘better to be safe than sorry.’

For a limited time only… Norton AntiVirus $29.00

Network mapping utilities-Monitor multiple computers networked in your home.
Protection from spyware, worms and viruses
Norton’s anti-virus software has definitely upgraded the quality of its products over the past few years and has eliminated many of the issues of the past. They are working on their customer support, as evidenced in the brand-new one-click access to technical support. You will be able to see how long the wait time will be and how much support will run you for various questions/problems you have. When we called telephone support, we only held for around 4 minutes (but call time and question do alter this). Pricing is still at $39.99, which is fairly reasonable. All in all, they receive 5.0 Stars!

Go To Norton | Complete Review | Customer Reviews | Email This Review

Kaspersky [ Rate This Review ] Overall Review:
This just in: Kaspersky just released their brand-new, Kaspersky 7.0 anti-virus software. So we know they are a leading name in the anti-virus software industry, but what can you expect from their newest program?

One of the first things we noticed was the optimal speeds we encountered with this virus protection product. When scanning, it automatically pauses until more system resources are available, so you won’t have to run the program and have slow PC times.

Real-time email scanning & automatic hourly updates
Rootkit and keylogger protection
6Star Reviews likes that Kaspersky includes important anti-virus software functions such as real-time email, file and web scanning, as well as the ability to remove spyware. However, we did notice a leap in pricing, with a one-year user license costing you $59.95. We understand this is a new product, but that price is pretty steep. Customer support is good here, with efficient telephone and email help. There is no live chat if you are accustomed to this method of support. Due to their huge, uncompetitive price jump Kaspersky anti-virus software receives 4.5 Stars!

Go To Kaspersky | Complete Review | Customer Reviews | Email This Review

NOD 32 [ Rate This Review ] Overall Review:
The NOD32 anti-virus software by ESET is a novel virus program that provides real-time protection against worms, Trojans, spyware, malware, phishing and hackers. The software’s quick detection methods and fast performance are in part due to ThreatSense® Technology, which is one of the best anti-virus tools that analyzes code in real time to prevent malware from getting through.
In our quest to determine whether NOD32 was among the best anti-virus software programs around, our review found that it is a viable option to keep your computer virus free. The NOD32 anti-virus software updates the ThreatSense Technology on an hourly basis, which usually does not require reboots. This anti-virus review found the update feature to be time saving and efficient at keeping malware and similar e-bashers away.

NOD32 is a good anti-virus software option and running you $39.99 for a 1 user, 1 year application, we think they are pretty comparable to some of their competitors’ pricing ranges. They do not have a toll-free telephone support line, but there is a phone line for support (with a wait time of 10 minutes.) The email support took a bit of time to reply to us, so if you need a quick answer, you might have to have some patience. We feel they deserve a 4.5 Star Rating.

Go To NOD 32 | Complete Review | Customer Reviews | Email This Review

Panda [ Rate This Review ] Overall Review:

The installation process for Panda Anti-virus software was a smooth process with only a little confusion (there is a spyware scan mid install process) and a relatively fast process. By looks alone this anti-virus software may be the easiest to use with a simple set up process and easy to use interface as there is almost nothing to it. 6Star Reviews feels that consumers are bound to feel comfortable with this product. Panda anti-virus software is an easy to install product that came defaulted with preset functions, just the way we needed them. 6Star Reviews loves that Pandas virus updates “at least” once a day … you can request more frequent updates. I suspect this is going to be a nice install and forget product as time goes on.

Panda’s Antivirus software comes with an virus and spyware protection. Panda allows you to block, delete, clean, and quarantine infected files and does not slow your pc down during virus scans which is helpful to those constantly on your PC. Panda’s Anti-Phishing technology blew us away. This feature seemlessly integrated into my Outlook program! This technology allows you to stay safe from scams. Panda’s anti-virus software allows you to bank and shop online, as they say, with peace of mind!

Panda provides free technical support and is priced right so it gets a 4.5 Star Rating.

Go To Panda | Complete Review | Customer Reviews | Email This Review

TrendMicro [ Rate This Review ] Overall Review:
Trend Micro’s Anti-virus plus Anti-spyware now gives its customers the tools it needs to battle malicious spyware, amongst things like trojans, hackers, worms, and adware.
The anti-virus software component is an easy to use product but after that, the rest of their software can be somewhat confusing for a computer user with less knowledge. At $39.95 Trend Micro’s easy to use anti-virus software and features are well worth the money; however for the complete bundle if you are willing to work through the startup issues and get a grasp of the system then we feel confident in saying you will be pleased with this product. If this was just an anti-virus software product alone it would receive a much higher rating, but due to the unnecessary time it took to deal with the rest of the software, we feel there are better products out there.

Trends Anti-virus is a good product but at $39.99 and no free technical support it receives a 4.5 Star Rating.

Go To TrendMicro | Complete Review | Customer Reviews | Email This Review

McAfee [ Rate This Review ] Overall Review:
McAfee is a leading brand name when it comes to anti-virus software. 6Star Reviews found McAfee to be competitively priced at $39.99, but not the best anti-virus software deal. Upon visiting the McAfee website, we felt their layout was clean and easy to navigate. We hope their anti-virus software functions in this same capacity.
We found the McAfee anti-virus software download to be quick and easy, and the set up was a breeze. Many of the features in this anti-virus software come defaulted to already suite the users’ needs. One thing 6Star Reviews really appreciated was that the updates and virus scans already come preset. Essentially all you have to do is install and forget this product. This is a great anti-virus software for the novice user.

McAfee offers their security center interface to monitor all of your security needs from one generalized place. This is an incredibly functional feature. 6Star Reviews did notice that McAfee anti-virus software does take up more system resources compared to some of the other anti-virus software products that we reviewed.

All in all, McAfee is a decent anti-virus software. While the software functioned well, we did not feel the same about their customer support! McAfee offers an 800 number, however it’s going to cost you and good luck finding the number. We feel that this software will work well for the average computer user, but there may be better deals and option out there that offer better customer support and pricing. 6Star Reviews awards McAfee anti-virus software 4.0 Stars.

Go To McAfee | Complete Review | Customer Reviews | Email This Review

[QUOTE=Blodulv;1945700]http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse_2007_11.php

nod32 and avira looks like the best choices lol for the on demand tests its alot closer though[/QUOTE]

Same here as well I use Avira PE edition and it has worked well in catching and detecting virus. I used to use norton but the program was bloated and memory hog so much that I killed and uninstalled that program years ago. But each users have to evaluate which works best in their system and software as some might cause problems with various software setups.

I’ve used Kaspersky, this app has the biggest virus base. Now I use NOD32, works well, but kaspersky is better. can’t say anything about free applications.

[quote=Blodulv;1945700]http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse_2007_11.php

nod32 and avira looks like the best choices lol for the on demand tests its alot closer though[/quote]

Link does not work, at least not right now

This is nicer to look at and it works.

[B][U]AV-Comparatives Nov 07 [/U][/B]

[B]Retrospective[/B]/[B] Proactive Test PDF[/B]

http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse/report16.pdf

:cool::cool: