Anti-piracy plans for hardware fail

vbimport

I just posted the article Anti-piracy plans for hardware fail….

The 4C Entity, which created a new technology called Content Protection for Recordable Media (CPRM) has been stopped by the technology standards-makers. This technology would add a piracy-blocking…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1503-Anti-piracy-plans-for-hardware-fail___.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1503-Anti-piracy-plans-for-hardware-fail___.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Now that’s some good news… :d

This sucks if they gonna put some protections to mp3 and movie files… But someone will crack it! :wink:

ive said it before so ill say it again - every new copy protection method doesnt stop pirates, they will always get through with some cracking etc, but it does add another layer of inconveinience to the consumer. eg. Windows CD codes - you have to type them in Safedisk - you have to wait while it checks the disk for about 30 secs each time you load up! CPRM (would be) - stops you moving around your files freely. New registration protection technology - you have to register each time you reinstall or upgrade your pc! each of these are easily cracked by pirates but keep causing inconveinience to normal people. we should recognise that the people who make the protections are the real rip off merchants. :slight_smile:

Hehe I understand your point… only if it’s build in the hardware like CPRM… don’t know… crack the hardware?? looks weird. Like the case with plextor and SD2 copies… nobody can do this either with new plexdrives (&new firmware)… looks like ‘build’ in the hardware (in this case chipset)

SD2 ISNT A PROBLEM U CAN USE A CRACK INSTEAD OF CLONECD I VE DONE THIS WITH RED ALERT 2 AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY THE FUNNY THING IS THAT I VE ORIGINAL GAMES LIKE DIABLO 2 WHICH DONT WORK UNLESS I USE A CRACK THANX GOD THERE IS GAMECOPYWORLD