Anti-piracy campaign set to start in UK

We’ve just posted the following news: Anti-piracy campaign set to start in UK[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/07/piracy_stop-100028071-large-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/anti-piracy-campaign-set-to-start-in-uk-72252

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Still trying to put the genie back in the bottle. To stop piracy they will have to trample on the personal freedoms of everyone and that won’t be tolerated in the long term. One day these yahoos will figure out that what is considered illegal, or legal, is really determined by the public at large and not by a handful of greedy, self promoting corporations and their bought and paid for politicians.

UTR: I agree that stopping piracy will require trampling freedom, which should never be tolorated. Sadly, I can’t agree that these yahoos will ever learn anything. Afterall, the technology and entertainment industries seem to have a strong “never ever learn anything from the past” philosophy. I guess learning from past mistakes doesn’t provide any real benefits.

IMO, they will continue to push their agenda down our throats until they reach a tipping point with the population at large. Once enough people see their agenda, and especially their tactics, the backlash will stop them cold. Only then will they finally change their business model.

Here’s the down low… the UK is STILL in recession, and they’d be hard pressed to squeeze a “pence” (penny) out of customers these days. That’s why there are no further teeth in the regime. That still doesn’t eliminate the possibility of their leaking your identity incase they change their mind-- or it’s established that you are “RICH”…

Here in in the USA the RIAA seems to have realized that shotgun lawsuits was not working out like they planned and have slowed them down to a trickle. Now they are trying to bully, coerce, threaten third parties like ISPs to do their dirty work. I don’t see this as continuing indefinitely. Once an ISP gets sued for damages after terminating a person’s Internet connection it will end.

The RIAA, MPAA etc. will eventually change their business model to allow cheap, easy access to their content for large numbers of customers. IMO, this is the only sustainable path forward for them.

[QUOTE=UTR;2732313]Here in in the USA the RIAA seems to have realized that shotgun lawsuits was not working out like they planned and have slowed them down to a trickle. Now they are trying to bully, coerce, threaten third parties like ISPs to do their dirty work. I don’t see this as continuing indefinitely. Once an ISP gets sued for damages after terminating a person’s Internet connection it will end.

The RIAA, MPAA etc. will eventually change their business model to allow cheap, easy access to their content for large numbers of customers. IMO, this is the only sustainable path forward for them.[/QUOTE]

Can’t help but agree with this…but as anything nothing will change til management changes and heads there roll then we will see real change and not til then.

When I see them switch tactics like they have in the USA from suing individuals to bullying ISPs etc. that tells me they are losing the fight. Soon they will have no choice but to change or cease to exist. Either of those options works for me. :slight_smile: