Antec TruePowerTrio 650W $80 after $30 rebate with free shipping

Looks like the new Antec PSU’s are arriving. This will probably mean there will be some deals on older stock showing up.

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4947861

$80 after $30 rebate.
Free shipping.
1 per household.

Features:

* Universal Input, automatically adjusts for 100V to 240V power grids
* Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) for environmentally friendlier power
* Three 12V output circuits provide added system stability
* Accurate power rating allows TruePower Trio to deliver its full rated power, 24 hours a day rated at 50?C
* Up to 85% efficiency
* 120mm low noise cooling fan
* Fan Only power connectors allow TruePower Trio to control case fan speeds, reducing total system noise
* Dedicated outputs for stable output and less ripple noise
* Feedback loop circuits for tighter load regulation (?3%) to maintain accurate voltage to all components
* Heavy duty protection circuitry prevents damage resulting from short circuits (SCP), power overloads (OPP), over voltages (OVP), and under voltages (UVP)
* 4 SATA connectors for Serial ATA drives
* Two PCI-E connectors for PCI-Express video cards
* MTBF: 80,000 hours at 50°C
* Safety approvals: UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB
* Power Factor value up to 99%
* Gold plated connectors for superior conductivity
* AQ3 ? Antec Quality three-year parts and labor warranty

Hopefully so. The average user doesn’t need a 650W, but then some here aren’t [I]average[/I] users. :slight_smile:

Just remember one thing when it comes to power supplies & your system.
If you are building a high end system, total Amperage available on the +12V rails and how it’s distributed can be more important than total Watts of power, which this supply seems to address from the data I’ve seen.

I’m just wondering what kind of system needs 650W?
is there anyway to measure how much you need before building up a system?

I went to Best Buy Thursday evening to check out some Black Friday items and they were selling this PSU for $120. There were no rebates involved.

[B]Note to self[/B]: Learn better math! $100 - $30 = $70 and NOT $80! Dohhh! :doh:

(I could have sworn the price was $80 after rebate earlier today. No really!)

Well theirs no Rebate and no free shipping at all now
it’s back to $119

Looks like the new PSU deal is for an Antec SmartPower 2.0 350W for $15 after rebate. No free shipping though.

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4733339

Good deal but only if it were compatible with AMD boards. Be warned, I checked this out on Newegg and there were some people complaining that it didn’t work with their board. This PSU is built to run on Intel Standards so if you have an AMD board you’re probably SOL. Here’s the comment from Newegg:
[I]
From Antec: All of our current power supplies have an empty socket and it is not an incompatibility. The power supply you are using is an ATX12V v2.x model. Our power supplies and enclosures are manufactured to the Intel Standard. For the ATX12V v2.x standard, the -5V rail has been removed because it is no longer needed. That is why you will notice a missing wire in the motherboard connector. (I take it that this is what made it incompatible with my abit AT8 motherboard 32x)[/I]

The Abit AT8 board is a Crossfire S939 AMD board. So if you have an AMD, it will most likely be incompatible. The only people who need this kind of power are people who are using it to build SLI or Crossfire setups or have a full tower case with lots of HDD, ODD, or use up a lot of their PCI slots for other things.

Here’s a site that calculates how much power your system will use:

Dont know why power supply companies keep making monstrous power supply when intel and amd are looking for low power consumption processors alternatives. May be they are making it for the power hunger video card. But still the intel duo core Extreme teamed up with the NVDIA 8800GTX and the whole system power consumption is only around 290 watts. If you do SLI, you will prolly need 500 Watts to be safe. Why am I saying this, I am not running SLI and I have 600W Ultra Infinity Power supply glowing blue in the background. Anyway, good to see monstrous power supply at a good price.