Antec 900 HOT deal! 70$ or less

vbimport

Frys ha the antec 900 on their website for 70$, free shipping
http://shop3.frys.com/product/4991611?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
Further, its in the Friday ad (In Dallas anyway), so if you are near frys, you can get it locally.
Further, if you do live near a frys and a bestbuy, get the fri paper (I’m not sure if they need it but I had it), buy it at bestbuy for 155$ (I did it on a debt/credit card so the money would go right back in), put it in your car, walk right back in and get it 110% price matched to save another 8.50$. It came to about 67$ including tax for me with price match. You have to buy it first at full price to get the 110%. If you price match before you buy, you only get 100% price match.

I had seen people mention this case but didn’t realize how cool it was (and MEGA cooling). It has a 200mm fan built into the top. It can take 9 5 1/4" drives. It comes with 2 drive cages that take up 3 bays, and mount 3 hard drives. each comes with a 120mm lit fan mounted to the front. One of the cages can take a rear fan (not included) to blow across the motherboard/video card. It can also take a 120mm window fan (not included), and has a 120mm rear fan. The hard drives front load (not sure how yet). I haven’t opened min up yet (just got home with it and am waiting for the baby to take a nap), but I watched a video of it online and it looks good.

I got mine from Fry’s about a year ago for $45.00 after rebate, Great Case! There should be an old thread about it in here somewhere that was posted by ghetocowboy. I actually ordered a blank side panel directly from Antec for 16 bucks since I’m not a big fan of windows in my cases and it really looks nice. Thats still a pretty hot price but I have a CM Elite with a ton of other goodies coming from the Egg already. I have to resist… getting weaker…
budzos

The big thing I like about this deal is no rebates. I have for the most part given up on the hassle of rebates so for those that also don’t like them, it seemed a pretty good up front price.

I remember when I got mine frys had it for this price and I got Best Buy to price match it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Heres a pic of mine with the plain side panel. It has a Abit KN9 Ultra NF4 with a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000BE overclocked to 3.2 GHz. Its also loaded with 5 dvd burners and a floppy for
drive recovery just in case.

Sold out!

That was quick, another hour and I would of convinced myself to buy one.
budzos

With BB selling the 900 for 155.00 this is/was a great deal, I just ordered the 1200 from Provantage for 120.00.

For those that live near a fry’s, even though it’s sold out online, it is in the friday newspaper as an in store special for the same price. They may still have them in store.

For anyone that already has this case, does it cool as well as it seems like it would? I really didn’t need another case (I already have 3 antec style full tower soho cases, a super lanboy and a micro atx only case). I’m thinking my htpc would go well in it though. Its got 8 hard drives in it and is already having minor heat issues, that are keeping me from overclocking the cpu. If I recall right, I have gotten a 40-50% overclock on it before but the drives are producing too much heat (plus with another spot for a hard drive in the 900, I would add a ninth hard drive).

[QUOTE=ripit;2122622]For anyone that already has this case, does it cool as well as it seems like it would? I really didn’t need another case (I already have 3 antec style full tower soho cases, a super lanboy and a micro atx only case). I’m thinking my htpc would go well in it though. Its got 8 hard drives in it and is already having minor heat issues, that are keeping me from overclocking the cpu. If I recall right, I have gotten a 40-50% overclock on it before but the drives are producing too much heat (plus with another spot for a hard drive in the 900, I would add a ninth hard drive).[/QUOTE]

Thats a lot of hard drives, The large fan in the top does a great job of keeping things cool. I originally had a socket A 2500+ in mine overclocked to a 3200+
with 3 hard drives a floppy and 5 dvd drives and a solid side panel like in the pic
with no issues. Now with the 5000BE brisbane things are even cooler since the processor barely breaks a sweat.
budzos

Actually I was wrong, its 7 hard drives (not sure why I was thinking there was 5 in the bottom bay). Its a 120GB, 5 160GB and a 500GB for about 1.4TB. I have a 300GB that I would like to add too but the current case doesn’t have space (the new one will though). Its an htpc so there is a lot of video (everything’s on hard drives). Its pretty full but there are lots of ripped dvd’s that can be converter to h.264 to reduce space (working on it but it takes forever).