Another "which burner for me" thread

ok well i figured my plextor 740 is dying and im too impatient to wait for it to come back to me (and personally im bitter at the dang drive so i’ll prolly sell it cheap after i get it back). So here are my requirements:
RELIABLE!
good quality burns (and a way of checking the burn would be a big bonus)
this will be my “dual layer only” drive so it must do great d/l burns
price isnt an issue. i plan on purchasing this asap and having it shipped overnight. why? becuz im bitter that my 740 died. I’ve looked into the new benq with the light scribe (which i’ll never use) but i read that u cannot burn verbatim d/l higher than 2.4 (which is fine if it’ll produce GREAT scans but i prefer high burning). And yes i know its ironic cuz my plextor was a benq. Should i give benq another chance? they seem not very durable. a lot of people complaining about breakage and rma’s and stuff

I think the best drive for your requirements is a plextor 740 :wink:

If you have ruled out the DW1650/5 then that leaves the DW1640 or the Plextor 740.

Yep, I agree with Coathi, you had the best drive (overpriced but best).

lol is it common for my model drive to die?

Happens to all drives some keep burning and burning and some die, can happen to all of them. :sad:

If you are in the states=
Image Viewer $38.99[19 reviews] Weekend Sale
ASUS Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2X DVD-RAM Read 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner - OEM
Model #: DRW-1608P2 BK
Item #: N82E16827135046

Could have saved $1! LOL

rebag 110D which can be crossflashed to an A10!