Another verbatim/cendyne/liteon?

vbimport

If I flash the burner from verbatim to liteon firmware will it have smartburn abilities????

If it is a Lite-On, it will get SMART-Burn.
I’m sure you have the same technology now, but they just call it something different…

I’ve already said it @ least twice.

Your Verbatim is just a rebadged Lite-On

Verbatim241240AL ATAPI RAW-96 Burn Proof YES
(24/10/40 Lite-on OEM)
Verbatim321240AL ATAPI RAW-96 Burn Proof YES
(32/12/40 Lite-on OEM)
Verbatim401248AL ATAPI RAW-96 Burn Proof YES
(40/12/48 Lite-on OEM)

So, it definitely will keep all the Lite-On’s abilities.

Airhead : I’m sure you have the same technology now, but they just call it something different…

What’s that ?! :rolleyes: I’m not quite sure what you mean here.
I mean, c’mon !!! Please ! If you don’t know the answer, just DO NOT FORCE yourself to reply it.
Otherwise it’s highly misleading.
And the folks here are supposed to get a helping hand and really professional answers. Isn’t that true ?!

Since he did not say what model he owned, I could not have answered with a straightforward “Yes!”.
That would be missleading.

And regarding what they call SMART-Burn, I don’t know what Verbatim call SMART-Burn, since I’ve
never even seen a Verbatim drive for sale, and I can’t find any CD-RW drives at verbatim.com

Remember, the companies rebaging Lite-On drives can call SMART-Burn whatever they want.
Memorex calls it Just-BURN, other companies call it differently.

Originally posted by BoSkin
What’s that ?! I’m not quite sure what you mean here.

That’s unfortunate for you BoSkin, but you’re not the one that asked the question, are you?

And when a user asks something, it doesn’t matter if you have said it “@ least twive”, cause now someone have asked, and that someone has the right to get an answer.
Don’t get my wrong, I (and I think 4everlurkn) really appreciate your reply. :slight_smile:

I try to keep my proffesionalism as high as I can, and one I do that is by not replying with anger or sarcasm. Humbleness on the other hand is good.

That’s for sure !

Modesty ( hope you meant that ? ) makes one beautiful.
Keep it and what i said above in mind !

I was unsure of the burnproof/smartburn technology…and unsure as to whether this was solely a firmware/software ability or if lite-on had sole rights to it… Being a cdfreak novice did not realize rebadged means it includes all writing capabilities…

By the way I take no single forums/ persons word as gospel… Thats a good way to get a dead burner or screw something else up…The more people that respond to a post the better… Even if the the info is not 100% correct if its a good forum others normally will be glad to show their geekspertise and correct the “error”…
2 geek heads are always better then one… Thats why I use forums and why they exist no one persons knowledge is as powerful as the collective (must have watched too much star trek)…

Remember the moto Knowledge is power…

Didnt someone say repeating is the mother of learning hmmmm who was that…