Another study says file-sharers buy the most

vbimport

I just posted the article Another study says file-sharers buy the most.

Periodically, a survey will proclaim that illegal file sharers are among the entertainment industry’s best legitimate customers. It’s happened again in Amsterdam, where a new study says file-sharers buy as much content, or more, than everyone else.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/another-study-say-file-sharers-buy-the-most-29326/](http://www.myce.com/news/another-study-say-file-sharers-buy-the-most-29326/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I’d agree with that assessment… my Blu-Ray / DVD / CD collection is larger than most other peoples I know.

The same strand of DNA that compells people to download alot, probably compells them to collect alot as well.

Internet has the advantage of pre-releases. Alot of people also have budgets, so they buy what they can, download other stuff, until they can afford to buy it.

If the price is reasonable I buy it, if not I wait till it is or find it other ways.
Mostly I just wait.

In other news, researchers have discovered that sports audiences are comprised mostly of sports fans, and that pregnant people tend to be female.

This is really ground-breaking research!!! :disagree:

[QUOTE=Dartman;2515481]If the price is reasonable I buy it, if not I wait till it is or find it other ways.
Mostly I just wait.[/QUOTE]

This sells more but unfortunately the big industry still has the mindset that will kill themselves. Also I think I heard on previous public radio that the NGO has asked and not received data and facts the MPAA/RIAA used to say that privacy stole more then they are reporting in fact they can’t even give supporting evidence to their so called facts. So if the NGO can’t even get all the evidence that the MPAA/RIAA failed to even give that tells you they can’t even get the facts straight.

Studies like these illustrate that the RIAA/MPAA/other-groups are just alienating their customers by suing them and by using DRM that completely destroys the user experience. Get a clue content creators, stop biting the hand that feeds you.

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2515632]Studies like these illustrate that the RIAA/MPAA/other-groups are just alienating their customers by suing them and by using DRM that completely destroys the user experience. Get a clue content creators, stop biting the hand that feeds you.[/QUOTE]

Obviously they haven’t noticed that yet so they bite the hands that feed them still and cry fowl when those same buyers go torrent for those files. They haven’t gotten a clue what they are doing to themselves not what file shares are doing to them…

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2515526]In other news, researchers have discovered that sports audiences are comprised mostly of sports fans, and that pregnant people tend to be female.

This is really ground-breaking research!!! :disagree:[/QUOTE]

:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2515526]In other news, researchers have discovered that sports audiences are comprised mostly of sports fans, and that pregnant people tend to be female.

Yep.
People that download stuff, are the people that are interested in it … and incidentally are the same people interested in buying that same stuff.

Who would have thought?

Or perhaps, illegal downloaders are people that HAVE bought the product, can’t use it, due to DRM restrictions, and then download it :iagree:

Yeah … who are the 1,464 Dutch citizens surveyed - where in that study do they say how and where they gathered data and from what demograhic - data could be from a file sharing community for all we know?

Really some of these studies do not prove a thing at all???

[QUOTE=SoulSista;2516042]Yeah … who are the 1,464 Dutch citizens surveyed - where in that study do they say how and where they gathered data and from what demograhic - data could be from a file sharing community for all we know?

Really some of these studies do not prove a thing at all???[/QUOTE]

Obviously your behind the times and haven’t read the news and how no matter what the MPAA/RIAA police sue the pirates and p2p continue to grow…you don’t need survey to know that fact…