Another quick question about printing

ok noticed a couple of things on this board,

some people say to let the disk dry for hours ??? is this true? I have been letting them sit for about 5-10 mins then burning them. i have been using a mp600 with original canon ink with these disks http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817294003

next question is that I also noticed people talking about sealing the printed disk with something to prevent smudging, what is up with that?

I use a large cd/dvd binder with sleeves and I am probably the only guy who will touch them and I always handle my stuff with care. but they might sit in the binder for a long time with out ever being removed. do I have to worry about sealing my disks after printing ?

again thanks for any input
Bob

Canon ink on quality discs is dry to touch in a minute or 2 and can be handled or burned immediately.

I would not use binders or sleeves on printed discs, nothing that contacts the printable surface.

Use Watershield or AquaAce media rather than spray-on sealers. But again, they will scuff in a plastic sleeve.

I burn the disc and once satisfied that it plays in my stand-alones, then I print.

No sense wasting the ink and then finding its a nice looking coaster.

Once the ink is dry to the touch as CDan says they can be played without any harm.

[QUOTE=~KIPPER~;2408147]I burn the disc and once satisfied that it plays in my stand-alones, then I print.

No sense wasting the ink and then finding its a nice looking coaster.

Once the ink is dry to the touch as CDan says they can be played without any harm.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree…also importantly, I find it’s more reliable to burn first as you get a disk that is perfectly clean for the burn, cos it’s straight off the stack…V V important.