Another OEM-DW1620 Burning Fail Task

vbimport

I just installed my oem dw1620 (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1112576&Sku=B145-8003) and tried to burn data into the burner. Using nero(6.6.03) with 8x TDK DVD-R, it stops at one percent and the led light flashes red. The “time left” counts down to 0:00 and drive wont respond to anything, so i shut the computer down and turn it back off. I tried to burn a few more times and it always stop at either 1-3%. I tried with a Memorex 4x DVD+R and 8x Dynex DVD+R and it stop in the 1-10% and said writing failed. So i tried using Record Now and i am able to burn with the Dynex media but the TDK fails me. So i tried flashing with G7P9 but same problem. Is it my media or program or with the burner? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

First thing, what FirmWare is your OEM 1620 running on (G7?9).

Either flash it to the latest G7 firmware if you want to keep it as an OEM,
http://www.benq.com/drivers/storage_drivers.html

or Download the WinFlasher and the latest .cvt FirmWare file and flash it to a Retail Pro drive
http://dvdpro.club.st/firmware/BENQ_FW.htm

You should flash your drive in Windows SAFE mode …

Tell us if your problem was solved.

Hp. _

should i use this G7Z9 in the 1620 bulk or flash it using B7T9.CVT because the last time i use G7P9 from the benq site. thanks

Use the B7T9.CVT that will turn it from a OEM 1620 to a retail 1620. You could also try removing the drive from the device manager and set the drive as secondary master and let Windows re-detect the drive to see if that makes any difference.

Also what kind motherboard/chipset do you have ?

I flash it and it became a retail 1620. I tried burning with dvd decrypter with the 8x TDK(TTG02) at max and it failed but when i tried it at 1x became successful but it said with 2 retriesand took 32 mins. I tried with the Dynex (Ritek R03) at 1x and successful at 12 mins. I tried nero again at 1x write speed with the TDK and it wuz sucessful but when i tried the max, it often failed at 1-5%. Should i use a 80 pin cable becuz right now im using a 40 i think. And my secondary master is my cdrom and secondary slave is my Benq, does it matter if which is master? Thanks.

put your 1620 as master…check if DMA is enabled…sounds like you have it in PIO mode…

PLEXTOR 708A DVDRW
PIONEER 107D DVDRW
LITEON 811 DVDRW
BENQ 1620 DVDRW (2)
TOSHIBA (2)1612 DVD-ROM
PLEXTOR 48X24X48 CDRW
PENT 4 HT 3.00C, 800 FSB, PENT 4 2.40 533 FSB
ASUS MOBO’s P4P800SE (2)
1GB CRUCIAL PC3200 MEMORY, 1GB CRUCIAL PC2700
WESTERN DIGITAL 36GB RAPTOR HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 200 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)250 GB HARD DRIVEs
MAXTOR 200 GB SATA HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)120 GB HARD DRIVEs
MAXTOR 60 GB HARD DRIVE
ANTEC TRUE POWER 480 WATT POWER SUPPLY
ANTEC TRUE POWER 430 WATT POWER SUPPLY
ANTEC SLK2650 CASE, ANTEC SLK2600AMB CASE
CANOPUS ADVC-100 ANALOG TO DIGITAL CONVERTER
MAXTOR ATA -133 PCI CONTROLLER CARDS

Primary IDE Channel:
Device 0 and 1 is at UDMA Mode 5

Secondary IDE Channel:
Device 0 and 1 is at UDMA Mode 2 <— does this mean something?

Well i might tried to switching to master later and let u guys know if the same will happen.

For test purposes, use it as intended: Master of Secondary IDE channel, alone on a high quality 80 wire ribbon cable.

Have your computer’s BIOS (standard section, usually) set to auto detect and auto type the master of secondary IDE channel.

UDMA 2 is good news.

P.S. Either switch it to BenQ retail firmware, or use G7P9 (very easy, works very well).
That will give you a good starting point.

UPDATE: I change the 40 pin cable with a Ata-133 rounded cable. In BIOS i set Secondary Slave to Auto and my Secondary Master is detected as my cdrom. Tried nero again with TTG02 and burn date with the disc and failed at 11% at 8x. I tried using Riteck R03 8X burning at .iso file and succeded but took 23 mins and i choose write at 12x. Can it be the media(TTG02) not compatible with the Dw1620? Nero 6.6.0.3 is faulty? However when i burn vcd it works. Hmmm…

Hi - remove the CDROM, jumper the 1620 to master; try again. If this makes no difference, double-check your IDE channels are using the default MS-supplied busmastering drivers.

So, don’t have the CDROM installed along with the BenQ. Make the BenQ alone on the cable and make it the master. Then you can test without interferance.