Another Nero / Dvd r Problem

vbimport

Posted: Jul 20, 2004 07:49

Hi,

I have authored an svcd file into mpeg2 for burning to a dvd
used with tmpeg dvd source and tmpeg dvd autohr Never had any problems before.

Problem starts when i try to burn the disc it will get so far then just crash? (sometimes 11% others 69%)
I have tried using Nero & Clone cd but it still crashes.

Is my burner gubbed or is it the file i made? When i restart the pc and eject the dvd it plays up until the point the program crashed.
Also tried doing a dvd copy disc to disc with Nero and same thing happens.

Really annoying as this is the only time i have had problems.
Been reading about chip set problems? How do i solve this?

Any help would be great.

RS

I’d suggest that it’s the original file that’s “gubbed”, if you can’t record it with Nero or Clone it suggest a file problem rather than a software one.

HOWEVER, you could check the following, make sure the drive is wired up with an ATA100\133 cable, it should be master if on a chain. You could also try removing your IDE drivers in device manager, restarting and letting Windows re-install them, make sure they’re the default Windows drivers and that DMA is enabled.

Last but not least scan your hard drive for errors with Scandisk in Win 9x or from the Management Console in 2K\XP. Oh and perhaps try and re-install of Nero\Clone and maybe do a defrag.

There that should keep you busy for a while, and make sure Nero is the latest version…

Hi,

G

I have even tried to copy a disc i made before and it failed.
Should have also mentioned my burner is external

You could also try removing your IDE drivers in device manager, restarting and letting Windows re-install them, make sure they’re the default Windows drivers and that DMA is enabled.

How do i do the above?

Thanks
RS

right click on my computer and click properties. click tab hardware and then device manager. click on your ide controllers. right click, then do uninstall. after that, restart computer and let xp do its thing. it should find them and replace them.

Thanks will try that tonight.

Just find it weird that everything was working fine now it’s not?

RS

?

Also possible hardware problems as the failure happens at different points in the burn. I would want to dneck temperature and power supply.

should be check temp. and power supply.

Thanks…

RS

Tried all above and still fails…
Really annoying now :frowning:
Is it best to re install windows and start fresh?

RS