Another liteon firmware

vbimport

hi all,
just bought 2 liteon 40125w drives to overclock to 48x after the 2 40125s's did not perform as they should after being overclocked whereas these w drives work fine :slight_smile: but the firmware on them is one i have not seen so far ws05, drive was manufatured may 2002, burns seem fine quick and no errors on them partial cav but no mention of mount rainer, if anybody is interested in the bin from the drive email me i imagine oc freak my want to add to his collection if he does not have this one yet,

solaman.

I am interested in the firmware. Could you e-mail it to me at

Klinn32m@rcn.com :bow: :bow:

I too would like a copy of this firmware. Can you please send it to: lombers@optushome.com.au

Thanks.

I’m interested in your firmware to, please send it to me balboa@home.se

Thanks Balboa

Looks to be almost exactly the same as the WS03 firmware that came shipped with my drive. Still starts burning at ~19x, and does not have Mt Rainer support. Looks like it is one of those “match more media” firmwares. Hopefull Liteon release a version soon that can start writing at a higher speed (~22x) and features Mt Rainer support, like the VS02 firmware for the 48125W.

Mt.Rainier will come I think.

But I do not think it will ever start writing at 22X. It will most likely always start at 19X. This goes for both LTR-40125S and LTR-40125W.

Originally posted by the_solaman
hi all,
just bought 2 liteon 40125w drives to overclock to 48x after the 2 40125s’s did not perform as they should after being overclocked whereas these w drives work fine :slight_smile: but the firmware on them is one i have not seen so far ws05
[cut]
solaman.

I too would like a copy of this firmware. Can you please send it to: mekpiotr@poczta.onet.pl ?

Thanks.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Mt.Rainier will come I think.

But I do not think it will ever start writing at 22X. It will most likely always start at 19X. This goes for both LTR-40125S and LTR-40125W. [/B]

So it seems perhaps only the new 48125W drive with VS02 firmware will support a higher start burn speed??

It is possible to get Mt Rainer support now by either flashing to VS02, or even the ZS0J firmware. Not that I really have any use for Mt Rainer, the only thing that would interest me is slightly higher burn speeds. But even that is a bit of a waste, it’s only a few seconds anyway.

Mt. Rainier is not worth it if you have a good packet writing program. At least until it gets better. I used it for a little while but it was not very useful except for the short amount of time that it takes to format the disk. I have DirectCd 5.1 now and it works perfectly. It even lets me use the latest Nero without any conflict. And DirectCD lets me write to CDR’s which I really like for some things.:cool: