I know you are all sick of these threads and I really tried to read a lot but somehow no thread/TopTenList really answered my question like I wished it to be answered, maybe my english is too bad…I don’t know.
Yes I’ve seen http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=767 and I recommend it to everyone with a similar question. Another overview could be find at http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/top-5-o...choice-249785/
Also it seems that everyone has different experience with the same drives.
Well to come to my question:
Right now I have a “NEC DVD RW NW1300A” As I can remember this drive was back then one of the finest drives when it comes to backup copies.
I’m really happy with this drive, it is just “a little” slow and well it has problems with scratched DVDs. My NEC never had problems with reading media, but for about one year, problems with reading scratched DVD’s seem to increase. Probably due to my little ofen called Barebone, wich had about 20 emergency-over-heat-shut-downs in the last two years. I guess my NEC didn’t like that temperature and since I’m gonna get a new PC (MB = Asus P5Q Pro) it might be time to change.
Which drive would you recommend and why?
- I mostly burn movie dvd’s, since I live at two places and don’t like to carry dvd arround every time. Sometimes a music or picture DVD/CD.
- Should read scratched DVD’s
- Should not burn any errors in the movie like blocks or anything similar
- Lightscribe (cause its a really nice gimmick sometimes)
- Quiet if possible, no necisserily need
- faster than my NEC
- No need for HD or BlueRay right now.
- Shouldn’t be too expensive
- I’d like to be able to still watch my picture DVD and stuff in 10 years.
- SATA would be nice but the other points are more important to me.
- LG GSA-H55L
it seems to have what I searched for, but I’m not quiet sure and while reading through this forum LG isn’t very popular.
I’m really looking forward to some advise from you cause I’m a little clueless right now