Another 10.00 cdrw deal and much much more starts May 25

Thanx to psianame at FW for the scans

Office max sale has a ton of possibly good buys for us all this coming weekend… I will post whatever coupon codes I can garner later to make these deals even better if possible.

item price - rebate final price SKU #

Micro Advantage 52x cd-rw $50 - $40= $10 2022-0529

Cendyne dvd+rw $220-$30 mfr. rebate-$40 OMax rebate= $150 2034-8170, 2014-6496

Slim jewel cases 100-pack $8-$8=$0 2016-1502, 2023-2776

Western Digital 120gb $140-$50-$30= $60! 2014-8555,2034-6127

CD-r spindle 100 $20-$20 = $0 0223-6903, 2006-8800, 2018-7245

CD-r spindle 50 pack $12-$12= $0 2015-4235, 2004-7584

Cendyne 48x ext. cd-rw $80- $30= $50 2022-6747

Scans of flyer

<< What kind of CD-Rs are the 50/100-packs? >>

Size - SKU - Brand
50 - 20047584 - Khypermedia
50 - 20154235 - Spin-X
100 - 20187245 - Khypermedia
100 - 02236903 - Imation
100 - 20068800 - I/O Magic

Link to couponcodes if you have an account already start a new one !!

I’ll be gettin those free slim line jewel cases for my stockloaded Fuji 6 cent cdr’s…:wink:

Damn those rebates are slow though…:rolleyes:

Hi

how is this coupon stuff working. Sounds intereisting… NO…it is interesting :bigsmile: .

We just don’t have " coupons" in the netherlands.

COuld you tell me how it works please?

ty

Damian

Originally posted by damiandimitri
COuld you tell me how it works please?

Just an example :

Manufacturer’s Mail-in Rebate Directory :

1. Buy any of the products listed in the Manufacturers’ Mail-In Rebate Directory
  2. Save the original dated receipt(s) and required proof of purchase (UPC barcode) from the products(s) as required by each manufacturer
  3. Use the index below to find the product rebate form
  4. Print out the appropriate rebate form and fill in all required information
  5. Follow the submission guidelines and requirements stated on each form
  6. Mail each form and requirements to the submission address found on the rebate form

thanx

hmm…

easy to save a lott of money…

but strange the system is not used here…

Originally posted by damiandimitri

but strange the system is not used here…
Simply because this system ( meaning in Europe ) does care much more about its own profits and fat wallets
rather than to listen to the customers’ needs.

Yet another example > the WD HD 120GB @OMax is now just for $60 ( was $80 AR last month ).
But here in Sweden it costs 3 (!) times as much, i.e $180 :Z

Thanks to lagger and KenL I got my Maxtor 120GB for $95 incl all. :bow:

BoSkin explained the rebates well. the coupons on the other hand are numbers emailed or sent through the post to customers to encourage sales and the number(s) are entered in a specific field on the check-out form online at which time the discount is applied… we also have many stores and companies here that have low price guarantees which means that if you find it elsewhere cheaper they will match the cheaper price + 10% as an incentive for you to buy the item from them … I don’t post these deals too much as most people do not wish to bother with going through the motions of the pricematch

the coupons can be used by overseas costumers also??

man…you saved a lot on the harddisk.

the guarantees of the lowest price we have here in the netherlands…but still you have to fight to get it…
they always say that they don’t believe you…afther an hour i normally get pissed and buy it somewhere else…even if it is a bit more expensive.
They just try to attract costumers.

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]Simply because this system ( meaning in Europe ) does care much more about its own profits and fat wallets
rather than to listen to the customers’ needs.

Yet another example > the WD HD 120GB @OMax is now just for $60 ( was $80 AR last month ).
But here in Sweden it costs 3 (!) times as much, i.e $180 :Z

Thanks to lagger and KenL I got my Maxtor 120GB for $95 incl all. :bow: [/B]

I’ll go one better. Due to a misprint in the Best Buy ad I got a Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM drive w/8MB buffer and ATA-133 for $79.99.
(100GB+20GB free=120GB Maxtor 7200 RPM HD w/8MB buffer $79.99 after $30 Best Buy and $30 Maxtor mail in rebates, when I got there the model advertised only had a 2MB buffer) - I pointed this out to them and they actually sold me the model with the 8MB buffer for $79.99 (and since the rebate only applied to the other model, this was a purchase price of $79.99, not $139.99 and $60 of mail in rebates). Best customer service I’ve ever had there.

@damiandimitri - The idea behind the rebates is that many people will not get around to mailing in the rebate within the required time period (usually 2 weeks to a month after purchase date) and will therefore not get the rebate. They also have the disclaimer that they are not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. Also, some of these rebate deals (particularly the “free after rebate” ones) are “loss leaders” - they end up selling the item at or below cost to get you into the store hoping that you’ll buy other items with a good profit margin while you’re there.

As far as overseas customers using the online coupons, probably not. I’m not even sure if they do international sales. But if you know somebody in the States, you might be able to have them buy it for you and ship it to you.

Price matching varies greatly from store to store. Some put up a fight, some will take your word for the lower price, some just want to see the competitor’s ad.

(edit)
A word of advice - if you want to get the WD 120GB drive in the store, plan on being there at open the day the ad starts - I was there about 2 hours after they opened a few weeks ago when they had this deal and they were already sold out. Anyway, I suspect this price for a 120 gig will become more and more common as the 200+GB drives become the norm (until SATA replaces EIDE).

i c

thank you

doesn’t sound like i should try it from europe…a pity

Originally posted by lagger
[B]Thanx to psianame at FW for the scans

Office max sale has a ton of possibly good buys for us all this coming weekend… I will post whatever coupon codes I can garner later to make these deals even better if possible.

item price - rebate final price SKU #

Western Digital 120gb $140-$50-$30= $60! 2014-8555,2034-6127

Scans of flyer

<< What kind of CD-Rs are the 50/100-packs? >>

Size - SKU - Brand
50 - 20047584 - Khypermedia
50 - 20154235 - Spin-X
100 - 20187245 - Khypermedia
100 - 02236903 - Imation
100 - 20068800 - I/O Magic

Link to couponcodes if you have an account already start a new one !! [/B]

I just checked on their website to verify which WD drive it is that’s in the ad. The drive is not listed under hard drives, and when you try to order by SKU, 20148555 is not found, and 20346127 is only available in stores, not online. So there goes the online coupon idea…

I also just checked the 100 pk CD SKUs for online order, they are also only available in the retail stores. So at least the really good deals are instore only.

might be worth a try again tomorrow when the sale actually starts it is not unheard of for an item to be absent until the sale actually starts

Originally posted by lagger
might be worth a try again tomorrow when the sale actually starts it is not unheard of for an item to be absent until the sale actually starts

Nope, still instore only. But they said they had a bunch (I didn’t bother since I got the SE version for $20 more at Best Buy)

The only thing I ended up getting at Office Max was the Micro Advantage 52x24x52 CDRW for $9.99 after rebate.

Micro Advantage model # is 52CDRW-B13
Mf’d by Top-G (Top Glory Electronics (Dong Guan) Co., Ltd.)
Model #IDE5224
www.microadvantage.net
www.microadvantage.net/support/su_cdrw52x.asp

Can’t find a page for Top Glory.

Includes Nero 5.5.9.16v CD (no s/n so I assume it’s locked to this drive), Ritek (marked) 52X CDR (just one), quick install guide, user’s manual (typical lame open your cover, jumper the drive, etc. and generic specs), warranty card, tech support card, 40-wire single drive IDE ribbon cable, audio cable, and 4 mounting screws.

Looks like the picture on the box (and in the ad).

I haven’t connected it yet.

They also have a Cendyne 48x12x48 drive with a rebate, at my local store they were running it as an instore special for $9.99 after rebate, but the ones that had weren’t Lite-On, the number was something like 4812 or 4816 (Aopen I’m thinking and I’ve never had good luck with Aopen drives) so I didn’t bother.

(edit)
Update: After installing the Micro Advantage drive, I did a little bit of testing. Max CDDA rip speed is 40x but it appears to be accurate. I burned a few audio CDs with it with good results on Taiyo Yuden media at 48x. Overall results are it seems to be a little slower than the Lite On 48246s, but still not bad for $10.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the specs indicate it does support overburn.