Annoying IE 9 popups

We should start a petition to get microsoft to update ie9 to allow users to disable the extremely annoying popup box that constantly appears at the bottom of the screen. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 10 for being an annoyance…

What kind of popup is in there? Has been ages since I’ve used IE (always on Chrome) but I really wonder :wink:

It says “internet explorer has blocked a pop-up”. I have looked on Google and can find no way to turn it off

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2658787]We should start a petition to get microsoft to update ie9 to allow users to disable the extremely annoying popup box that constantly appears at the bottom of the screen.[/QUOTE]

What Pop-Up Box, what does it say? I love IE9, but my Home Page is just Google Search. What is your Home Page, it might be part of that. When you first set up IE9 it will ask some questions, after you set that up it should be clean. :cool:

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2658798]It says “internet explorer has blocked a pop-up”. I have looked on Google and can find no way to turn it off[/QUOTE]

Go to Internet Options, Privacy, and Settings then uncheck the Box on the Pop-Up Blocker. Mine is checked, but I don’t get that message. You must get a lot of Pop-Ups, so you have to clean up your Junk. :cool:

Yeah go to the Tools menu in IE9, then Internet Options, then select the Privacy tab and you’ll see the following screen with the checkbox that alchav21 describes.

Wombler

Or just go to the [B]Admuncher [/B]website and never see a banner ad or a pop up again.

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2658798]It says “internet explorer has blocked a pop-up”. I have looked on Google and can find no way to turn it off[/QUOTE]

I don’t know what kinda pop you get but as another poster said I don’t that much pop? What kinda popups are you getting? That would at least tell the rest of us what your talking about? I heavily edit my host file which might be in part why I don’t get those popups other then those I verify. You might want to invest some time and check your host file and see if you can’t edit the host file and prevent those popups from coming again. I know it has helped my internet browsing alot when I started doing so. So if you can post a screen shot of the popup would go a long way to tell others what the exact popup problem is???