Announcement 2006/04/21

vbimport

Considering:

• The amount of posts I’ve had to edit to format them properly (so the database can actually be searched)
  • The amount of posts forgetting to mention an important point (burning speed, firmware, brand of the disc…)
  • The fact that only a few members seem to actually understand the purpose of this section, and that the majority don’t seem to even bother reading the guidelines before posting;

Note: Posts may be deleted if insufficiant information is provided along with the scan. :wink:

Thanks for your understanding.

[OT]

Can I insert also the transfer rate test in the blank media forum posts?

[/OT]

You can add as many tests as you like for the same burn (scans in different drives, benchmarks, whatever…), as long as you follow the guidelines. Transfer rate tests are most welcome! :iagree:

I just posted a scan here. I hope that I did a correct formatting

@Geno888:
I had to edit the [I]subject[/I] and [I]the first line[/I]… :bigsmile: - please read the guidelines again!

Hehe, I’m gonna print out one of my scan posts that passed the test, as a reminder of how to post them properly. :bigsmile:

Sorry for the error Frank :flower:

It was my first post :sad:

Next posts will be formatted correctly :iagree:

No problem guys :slight_smile: - if you have suggestions to make the guidelines easier to memorize, I’m all for it… :bigsmile:

So i take it the link geno supplied has been edited and is 100% correct and can serve as an example right?

Is my scan alright, can i keep doing mine like this? ;
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1409720&postcount=38

I’m writing a template Frank, can you see if is it correct and post it as guideline?

Sure :slight_smile:

@[B]Greg[/B]: just wait some more if you don’t mind, I’ll reply as soon as I can (very busy + waiting for Geno’s template :slight_smile: )

Edited the [I]subject [/I]and the [I]first line[/I].

What’s so unclear with this…? :doh: :confused: :doh: :confused:

[B]2) The subject of your post must include the media maker and the media maker’s speed rating and the speed it was burned at.
3) The first line in the post must include the drive model used for burning, and firmware version. Also the size of the burn in Mb or Gb.[/B]

source: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=75277

Sorry, it need some formatting, but what about this?

Template to post in the blank media forum

1. Write the following informations in the post subject:
    Media - Speed - Disc type - burning speed
    Example: CMC 16X DVD-R burned @16X

2. Write the burner used, the firmware loaded, the burning speed selected, and the
    amount of data burned
    Example: Lite-on 1693 fw KS0A @16X, 4488MB

3. Insert here other useful data:
    Example:
    [B]Software[/B]: CD-DVD Speed 4.51.1 - Create data disc
    [B]Brand[/B]: Philips -R 16x (made in Taiwan)
    [B]Burning time[/B]: 6:29
    Other: ----

4. Insert the codes written on the disc
    Example:
    The following codes are written on the disc:
    MTP 686JJ17234341 2
    CMDR47G-CTMWM01-31 0713

5. Insert the info obtained from cd-dvd speed and/or from dvd Identifier
    Example: Info from DVD Identifier

put the info here

[b]Info from cd-dvd speed[/b]

put the info here

1. Insert other comments here

[I]Software [/I]and[I] burning time[/I] are facultative, but not the[B] brand and model[/B], which [I][B]must [/B][/I]be mentioned.

1. Insert the codes written on the disc
    Example:
    The following codes are written on the disc:
    MTP 686JJ17234341 2
    CMDR47G-CTMWM01-31 0713
    Facultative, but most welcome :iagree:

The rest looks 100% OK… :cool:

Francksoy, whenever you decide on a new template, please make sure it’s in one of the very first posts (#1 or#2) in the MUST READ BEFORE POSTING thread.

Nobody should be expected to read a multi-page thread in order to find out how to make a valid post in the forum!

You may also want to edit the first post so that it is briefer but still contains the important rules - perhaps updated to be better aligned with the available scanning tools today (CDSpeed, KProbe, PlexTools, PxScan, DVDInfoPro, …).

People have a hard time reading endless posts, so I’m not surprised that virtually noone is getting it right. I’m not even sure that I’m getting it right, because the rules, suggestions and how-tos are mixed together in one big bag in the first post in that thread.

EDIT:

@Francksoy: “Facultative”??
You made me use google to understand what the &%?¤ that word means! :o

What’s wrong with “optional”? :wink:

Sorry, thought it was a correct english word… “optional” is fine. :iagree:

As for the rest, I don’t understand, to me the guidelines are perfectly clear. I’ve just re-posted them in every thread. What’s the confusing part? :confused: :confused:

From the FORUM POSTING GUIDELINES:

Guidelines for posting media tests:

1) There will be threads for each media manufacturer, TY, RiTEK, CMC, etc they will also be split up in format and type (one for DVD+R, one for DVD+RW one for DVD-R one for DVD-RW for each manufacturer). Before posting, you must have your media’s ADIP information, and post in the appropriate thread for that media maker. If there is no thread for that maker, create one! Posting by the media brand, (Fuji, Memorex, etc.), will not be permitted in the media test forums, but may be discussed in the main media forum. Post only one test per post please! Testing should preferrably be done in the same drive your media was burned in.
2) The subject of your post must include the media maker and the media maker’s speed rating and the speed it was burned at.
3) The first line in the post must include the drive model used for burning, and firmware version. Also the size of the burn in Mb or Gb.
4)
Next you should post the ADIP
5) Now you should include which brand the discs is sold under and which manufacturer the discs comes from (for searching purposes), follow this with any relevant information like whether the discs is unreadable in some players etc
6) Finally post an image of the error scan if possible. In order to keep the size of the image to a minumum, we strongly sufggest saving it in “.png” or “.gif” format. You must have have a web host that allows linking for image posting to function, attaching the image file to your post will also work. If you are not able to post and link an image, you can contact me or rdgrimes about keeping your image on our server. Posts that have broken image links will be deleted.

Francksoy, wow you’re on a crossposting spree in the forum! :eek:

On the subject of crossposting, I have several times wondered if the rule about not crossposting applies (or should be ignored) when it comes to posting scans of burns in the appropriate thread in the Blank Media forum, and at the same time posting the same scans in the various Drive/firmware specific threads such as e.g. this one.

In my opinion the rule of no crossposts is kind of counter-productive in this case, and it would actually be an advantage to break or change that rule for this purpose.

What do you and the other moderators/admins think about this?

Yeah LOL :bigsmile: - I’m not sure it applies here, but anyway I hope (hope) it’s temporary… :wink:

On the subject of crossposting, I have several times wondered if the rule about not crossposting applies (or should be ignored) when it comes to posting scans of burns in the appropriate thread in the Blank Media forum, and at the same time posting the same scans in the various Drive/firmware specific threads such as e.g. this one.
You definitly have a point… I can’t decide this on my own, though. I’ll take the matter to [B]Wesociety [/B]and [B]C0deKing[/B].

What I usually do (and I noticed you do the same) is just post a link where needed.